1 2 Previous Next 41 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 9:38 PM by ardarby

Lightroom CC crop bug?

jgrubbs002

I downloaded the new lightroom yesterday and if i crop and rotate an image it will jiggle and bug out and freeze for a few seconds before it stops and works. anyone else having this problem? it is driving me crazy.

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Turn off the Use GPU setting and see if it still does what you described above.

I take it you are on a Mac?

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
            jgrubbs002 Level 1

yes I am on a mac, i tried to turn off the gpu setting and it is still happening

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
              Patty H.

@jgrubbs002  I had the same issue!!  Not only extremely jittery, but when I did land on the angle crop I wanted, as soon as I released the mouse the crop would jump off that location and shift 10-20 degrees one way or the other.  It was impossible to fine tune the crop.  I'm on a MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.3.  I still have the GPU box checked and I have restarted the computer several times.  The issue seems to be almost resolved after restarting. I did notice that it is still likely to jitter slightly when I rotate counter clockwise, and it is also more jittery as soon as the crop lines touch the outside of the image box.  If I shrink the crop to the inside of the original image and then rotate, it stays relatively quiet, but as soon as the edge of the crop lines bump the edge of the image, it begins to shake.  I'm running an update on my computer now, too, but I don't expect that to make a difference.  So far, restarting is the only thing I have done that might have helped.  I'm not sure why...

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                jgrubbs002 Level 1

yes this is exactly what I am experiencing, you described it much better than I haha. Hopefully this gets resolved somehow, I think I will just go back to lightroom 5 until then.

• 5. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                  Patty H. Level 1

Mine seems to be fixed (magically!)  The only things I have done are the following:

1.  Checked the GPU button off, but turned it right back on.

2.  Quit LR CC AND backed up my catalog.

3.  Restarted my laptop.

I am testing crop rotation on PSDs and DNGs.  It seems to be rock solid now.  No more jitter.  Not even the minor jitter I had this morning.

I am not a computer whiz, so I have no idea why quitting and backing up combined with restarting your computer would make any difference at all, but you might try it just to see what happens.  There's so much cool stuff in the new LR CC, I'd hate to have you go back to LR5 if you can solve it.  Let me know if doing all of the above makes any difference for you, too.  Good luck!!

• 6. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                    jgrubbs002 Level 1

I tried that, mine still seems to be doing it. hmmmm

• 7. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                      vsenior1

Same problem here, tried all of the above suggestions, no joy.  LR CC may be quicker overall but this is really slowing my workflow down.

• 8. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                        john-pault81901063

I am having the same problem and until its fixed it makes Lightroom CC (6) useless for me.  Adobe, please address this issue!  Thanks

• 9. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                          Patty H. Level 1

I can't figure out why mine got better.  It is NOT fixed, and Adobe needs to address it, but for some reason it is definitely better than it was the first two days.  Still slight jitter, but I am able to crop and hold position.  I keep thinking something to do with backing up, closing, then reopening the catalog may have helped, but can't imagine why. 

• 10. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                            john-pault81901063 Level 1

The bigger problem I am having is the new straightening tool.  Once it start i one direction it just keeps going and going and I cant stop it.  Please help Adobe

• 11. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                              ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Just grasping at straws here...

Any chance you are using a wireless mouse and need to replace the batteries?

• 12. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                vsenior1 Level 1

If the problem wasn't such a pain in the a**e that suggestion would be quite funny.

• 13. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                  Patty H. Level 1

Just tried the leveling tool.  It seems to work fine.  I'm using a MacBook Pro v 10.10.3 with a Wacom Tablet and bluetooth wireless keyboard.  Everything has calmed down.  I know exactly what you are all experiencing because mine did it the first day or two, and then the problem went away!    That doesn't make sense.  I am still following this thread as I am trying to figure out what I did that made it suddenly start working fine.  If I think of anything else, I'll add to the conversation. 

• 14. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                    jgrubbs002 Level 1

anyone figured out anything with this? it is driving me absolutely bonkers and slowing me down way too much. Annoyyyyyyyyying

• 15. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?

I am in the same boat and as a wedding photographer its killing me!  I need a fix bad.

• 16. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                        Patty H. Level 1

Okay, guys.  This has to be fixable.  When I downloaded the new LR CC I had the super jiggly crop tool issue.  It drove me crazy.  I have now got it fixed and here are my specs:

MacBook Pro - Yosemite v 10.10.3

There was a new update to Yosemite for the Pro Video Formats v 2.0.1

I downloaded it 5 or 6 times and it wouldn't update.  It kept stalling out.   FINALLY I got it to install.

After that, my LR CC seemed to be working.

In addition, I quite LR.  I quit everything on my MacBook.

I restarted the MacBook. and even unplugged it and replugged it in before restarting.

After I was sure the update to Yosemite installed, I restarted again.

Somewhere in that mix, the LR CC crop tool started to work.  I have no troubles with it at all now!  The leveling tool is also solid.

I have no idea why, but it works just fine now.

I'm sure that you have all tried all of these steps, but somehow, mine started working after all the stops, starts, unplugs, and restarts. 

Keep trying.  I don't know when Adobe will fix this, but the fact is, that this thing got resolved after I did a bunch of starts and stops.  I know this isn't very helpful . . . .but if it works for one person, maybe this is worth posting.

• 17. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?

Mine seems to be working normally!  I downloaded the latest update (yesterday) and I tried with about 5 images and no problems with the jiggles at all.

Thanks Adobe!

• 18. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                            jgrubbs002 Level 1

mine is still doing it even with the new update installed

• 19. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                              jgrubbs002 Level 1

how has this not been addressed and corrected yet? I still can't even use lightroom cc because it is so frustrating.

• 20. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?

Mine is so much better but maybe one in every 5 times I get the jiggly cursor.  Not acceptable. 

• 21. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                  Patty H. Level 1

I am so glad to hear you say that.  I thought mine was pretty well fixed, but every once in a while it starts going crazy.  Most of the time, mine works just fine, and then it happened today.  When it starts jiggling, the image keeps rotating and I can't get it to stop where I want.  Sure hope Adobe is listening to this conversation!!!

• 22. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?

Same here Patty.  When it decides to freak out there is no stopping it!  My wedding season just started and I will have to go back to LR5 if this isn't addressed very soon. 

• 23. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                      jgrubbs002 Level 1

yeah I had to go back to lightroom 5 for the past week and half or so I just couldn't handle that

• 24. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                        hmr638b

I am experiencing the same frustrating issue.

• 25. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                          Patty H. Level 1

For what it's worth, I've had a lot of trouble this evening.  I finally just quit LRCC.  Then I restarted it, and everything has gotten much better,  I was trying to use the spotlight tool, and it completely jumped to a different preset every time I would select the tool.  Then when I put it on the correct preset, all the sliders were reset to 0.  Interesting.  That problem also got better with the restart. . . .

Okay, Adobe . . .   Lots of info here.  How about helping us out!?

• 26. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                            vsenior1 Level 1

I've just noticed that activity monitor shows CPU usage for Lightroom going through the roof (300%+) when the crop jitters and stalling occurs, then drops back down as soon as its usable again.  Has this been acknowledged as a bug yet?

• 27. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                              vsenior1 Level 1

For me at least, this problem is related to my Wacom tablet, use a mouse and its fine.  I've tried a different Wacom tablet and the same thing, using a mouse for PS work isn't fun.

• 28. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                                vsenior1 Level 1

to elaborate even further, its only using the wacom tablet in 'mouse' mode, pen mode is fine.

• 29. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?

How can this not be fixed yet?  Adobe WTF!!!???  As a professional photographer this is completely unacceptable and has rendered LR CC useless for me!   I thought my issue was fixed with the last update but now its worse than ever.  Adobe please do something!!!!

• 30. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                                    jgrubbs002 Level 1

I cannot believe this hasn't been addressed yet. It makes lightroom CC useless to me as well. I have gone back to lightroom 5 after the first day and haven't even attempted to use it again. such trash.

• 31. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                                      hmr638b Level 1

That is my experience, as well, with the WACOM mouse.

• 32. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                                        hmr638b Level 1

Are you using a WACOM tablet with the WACOM mouse? I had the same problem until I started using the pen or a regular mouse.

• 33. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                                          jgrubbs002 Level 1

I use a wacom tablet but mine does it with the pen or the mouse

• 34. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                                            jgrubbs002 Level 1

another update out and this still hasn't been fixed? Lightroom 6 is still useless for me. frustrating adobe

• 35. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                                              ronsimon

I have been using lightroom 5 just because of this reason.  Tried again this week with lightroom cc and my wacom... still a no go.  Exactly what you guys are describing is what is happening to me as well.  This is obviously some bug with either lightroom or wacom that can be easily fixed, but for some reason, is being overlooked and not taken care of!  Back to LR5 I go!

• 36. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                                                kyu hac38626919

I think it didn't fixed, too. very bad.

• 37. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                                                  georgep2019796

I found a workaround for leveling the horizon in a tilted image file: Hit the R key to bring up the Crop Tool, then NUMERICALLY type in an initial level angle. Use the Up and Down arrow keys to increase or decrease the angle until the horizon is level. Then hit the R key again to execute the leveling operation and toggle off the crop tool.

• 38. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?

Ive been using the slider to make adjustments.  Its not ideal but at least Imo n LR CC instead of LR 5.  I cant believe this bug has still not been addressed or fixed by Adobe.  Very poor on their part. Booo.

• 39. Re: Lightroom CC crop bug?
                                                                                      Cury

Hi jgrubbs,

it might be comforting to know that I am facing the same annoyances on my Windows 10 laptop. I am on the road and not able to update my GPU what, according to Adobe is a solution? Did you try that?

For me it only helps a bit to switch it off but still it is a hell of a bug indeed! According to Adobe my GPU is supported but if you look at the details below it says that GPU device is not available. What the heck? Unworkable, there goes the workflow...and it's not the first bug of last couple of months...Anyway if anybody has something usefull, I am all ears.

Lightroom version: CC 2015.3 [ 1052427 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3.9 GHz

Built-in memory: 32728.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 32728.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 861.0 MB (2.6%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 842.4 MB

Memory cache size: 379.7 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

System DPI setting: 192 DPI (high DPI mode)

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 2880x1620

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

GeForce GTX 980M/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 353.62

Renderer: GeForce GTX 980M/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

ig.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de

Device : 13d7

Subsystem : 75001558

Revision : a1

Video Memory : 8093

Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414

Device : 8c

Subsystem : 0

Revision : 0

Video Memory : 0

AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024

AudioDeviceName: Speakers (LG-HTS Stereo)

AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2

AudioDeviceSampleRate: 44100

Build: Uninitialized

Direct2DEnabled: false

GPUDevice: not available

OGLEnabled: true

1 2 Previous Next