2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2015 7:39 AM by David_Pvlch

I just upgraded to LR6 from LR5 and it will not load.

David_Pvlch

When I start it, the opening screen comes up along with the Library page.  The last processed image is there but it's under the LR6 opening image. The small "Loading" dialog box is there, but it's not doing anything.  I've rebooted, deleted LR5, rebooted and have let it sit for 15 minutes. I then click on Library and the upper part of the screen goes black and the mouse pointer turns into a circle and just sits.  If I click again, the screen becomes a translucent white and that's the end.  I get the "Program is not responding" dialog box.  I have to close the program.  I've done this several times with no change.  Any ideas?

David

• 1. Re: I just upgraded to LR6 from LR5 and it will not load.
          annalisav8797104

I'm having exactly the same problem. Can see the last photo i was working on but cant do anything but watching the splash screen and spinning ball of death.

For a moment i was terrified it had corrupted my library but apparently i still have the lightroom 5 catalog file. So at least i can try to convert again to the new folder.

Still would actually love to have the program to start properly first.

Using MacOs X Yosemite

• 2. Re: I just upgraded to LR6 from LR5 and it will not load.
            David_Pvlch Level 1

Well, I tried a couple of suggestions I got from other sites to no avail.  Then I deleted LR6 and reloaded it....same result.  I guess that means that I will have to contact support via phone.  That doesn't make me happy and why?  Because they will tell me to do this, that and there fore which should have been written into the software in the first place.  I have a "regular" computer; a Win7 64 bit machine on which LR5.7 works just fine.

David