5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2015 2:21 AM by Jim Wilde

Develop Settings Not Transferring to Lightroom CC

astro46

Dear support,

I just upgraded my catalog from LR 5.7 to LR CC.  The develop settings in LR 5.7 (i.e. exposure, white balance, etc.) are all zero values in LR CC.  I have thousands of photos.  There's no way I want to re-enter all my settings for each photo.  Is this a bug in LR CC?

Wade

• 1. Re: Develop Settings Not Transferring to Lightroom CC
          Jim Wilde Level 5

How did you upgrade your catalog? Did you import your photo library to LRCC, or did you have LRCC open and upgrade your LR5 catalog?

• 2. Re: Develop Settings Not Transferring to Lightroom CC
            astro46 Level 1

JIm,

I let LR6 upgrade the catalog.  I was prompted immediately when opening LR6 for the first time.  I just went with the dialog that appeared and the default values which appeared on it.  These are all DNG images.  They should have the xmp type information embedded within the file itself.

Wade

• 3. Re: Develop Settings Not Transferring to Lightroom CC
              Jim Wilde Level 5

Are you able to confirm that you've done a direct comparison using the same image between the LR5 and LRCC catalogs? If you followed the normal upgrade method, having all develop settings reverted to the default zero positions is extremely unusual....in fact this is the first time I've heard of it, hence my puzzlement. If possible, could you show us a screenshot of such a comparison, showing the sliders in the Basic panel and the contents of the History panel for the same image in both catalogs? It would help us try to figure out what's happened here.

After that, I guess the next logical thing to try would be to run through the upgrade process again, but maybe save that thought for later. Let's see if we can figure our way through this.

Your reference to the XMP data is interesting. Did you have "Auto write to XMP" enabled in the LR5 catalog settings?

• 4. Re: Develop Settings Not Transferring to Lightroom CC
                astro46 Level 1

JIm,

That's weird.  It shows the same development settings now.  Perhaps, I was too quick in judgement.  It must have been still processing the images before I panicked and exited the application.  The settings in LR 5.7 match the settings in LR CC.  I'm not sure what caused the delay.  The reason I noticed the difference so quickly is there was not cropping of the images.  They now match so who knows what went wrong initially.  It was probably just not waiting long enough.

Wade

• 5. Re: Develop Settings Not Transferring to Lightroom CC
                  Jim Wilde Level 5

Ok, good to know, even if not fully understood!!