17 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2015 7:11 PM by Andy_87

Lightroom Crashing on startup

Clean install of windows as of today.  Registry is clean by ccleaner  Photoshop CC works just fine.   I have logged in and out of CC.  Windows is fully updated. This is the Problem signature at launch.  It worked fine a few days ago on trial.  Decided to buy and problems.  I am not the only one having problems with this.  Please figure out what is going on.  I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing.

Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
        Application Name:lightroom.exe
        Application Version:
        Application Timestamp:5523190c
        Fault Module Name:libcef.dll
        Fault Module Version:3.1750.1805.0
        Fault Module Timestamp:53eb9d68
        Exception Code:c000001d
        Exception Offset:00000000020f5fa3
        OS Version:6.1.7600.
        Locale ID:1033
        Additional Information 1:1849
        Additional Information 2:1849c65267ce2967d89f315e1c3c4b82
        Additional Information 3:95b7
        Additional Information 4:95b7e9ed49fb3657956fc9b27015606a

[ Name] Application Error

[ Qualifiers] 0

[ SystemTime] 2015-04-24T06:19:27.000000000Z

I:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe
      I:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\libcef.dll
        • 1. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
          Pattie-F Level 7

HI Zach,

Take a look at the suggestions in this link. I believe it will help you.

Let us know if you still have questions.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
            zalbert Level 1

Did you not read my post.  Already tried logging in and out. Restarting the comp re-installing the software.  Still nothing!!!

• 3. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
              rick2906 Level 1

I have the exact same problem!! ps cc 2014 and bridge worked fine but not LR cc 2015! I tried reinstalling windows, fresh install, same problem!! I am not too impressed and getting aggravated!!

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    lightroom.exe

Application Version:

Application Timestamp:    5523190c

Fault Module Name:    libcef.dll

Fault Module Version:    3.1750.1805.0

Fault Module Timestamp:    53eb9d68

Exception Code:    c000001d

Exception Offset:    00000000020f5fa3

OS Version:    6.1.7600.

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    1849

Additional Information 2:    1849c65267ce2967d89f315e1c3c4b82

Additional Information 3:    95b7

Additional Information 4:    95b7e9ed49fb3657956fc9b27015606a

• 4. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                zalbert Level 1

I had a tech take over my computer for a hour or so to trouble shoot still

not working. He is talking to engineering about a fix hopefully something

happens soon so many people with the same problem Adobe really needs to

step up and make this right as quickly as possible.

• 5. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                  rick2906 Level 1

I have been  with a tech for 2 hours!  Couldn't fix my problem either and he said he escalate my complaint to the senior team!

He also took over my computer tried many things with no success!  Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue!  If I hear one more person telling me to log in and out,  ill punch him in the face!  Lol!

• 6. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                    zalbert Level 1

Yeah the log in and out thing is a joke.

• 7. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                      zalbert Level 1

Really need a solution to this.  Have pics on cards that i really don't want to use photoshop on

• 8. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                        zalbert Level 1

Well was just chatting to another customer service rep and after having me log in and out.  He disconnected the chat.  Very unprofessional and starting to get me upset.

• 9. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                          rick2906 Level 1

It seems to  be the magical solution!  When it doesn't work, they crawl up in foetus position and cry!  Lol!  I am really not happy either because I had to do a fresh windows install and I'll have to reinstall lots of programs! And configure each app preference settings! 

• 10. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                            zalbert Level 1

Well put the nail in the coffin for me for 6.0 for at least the weekend.  Tech support just had me re-install 5.7  Good luck everyone.  Hope for a update ASAP from adobe.

• 11. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                              rick2906 Level 1

I don<t know what happen, I was updating windows and try it out again out of the blue it is now working!! I don<t know why but it is!! finally!! I hope you get yours working too!! Good luck

• 12. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                                rick2906 Level 1

I now have a gpu error!! graphic card not supported!!  Graphic accelration has been disabled due to errors!!wow!! could it go better. I downloaded the latest driver fir my graphic card

• 13. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                                  Pattie-F Level 7

My apologies, Zach. Option 2 was being edited when I sent that link. Check again for the update...Option 2 information shows now.

• 14. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup

same problem.

fresh install of windows7/64

logged out and back in.

renamed files (note: "C:\ProgramData\Adobe" may be a hidden folder by default)

tried every combination of install/uninstall, log in/log out, reboot, video settings, latest gpu driver,  format drive and install windows7,

lr5 has no issues (had it removed during CC install)

one odd thing I noticed is that the "start trial" button seems to come and go from the desktop creative cloud app, and I assumed it would  know it's paid for (like photoshop does).

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: lightroom.exe

Application Version:

Application Timestamp: 5523190c

Fault Module Name: libcef.dll

Fault Module Version: 3.1750.1805.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 53eb9d68

Exception Code: c000001d

Exception Offset: 00000000020f5fa3

OS Version: 6.1.7600.

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 1849

Additional Information 2: 1849c65267ce2967d89f315e1c3c4b82

Additional Information 3: 95b7

Additional Information 4: 95b7e9ed49fb3657956fc9b27015606a

• 15. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                                      zalbert Level 1

the cache and store folders where changed by the tech that took over my computer.  At some point over the weekend a windows update made it work. Windows takes a couple days to get all the updates done on a fresh install. If your program isn't able to work with out even the latest updates  I don't feel that is right. It should be compatible at least a little out of date.  None of the techs working on my computer checked for any windows updates. 

• 16. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                                        rick2906 Level 1

same here!! After a second install and doing windows update and trying to start LR 6 ramdomly it started!! I suspect it didn't work because of a windows update too which I find really weird! This got to be the worst launch ever, literally! First I wasn't able to launch he program and now I am facing the amd gpu erros! Not good!

• 17. Re: Lightroom Crashing on startup
                                          Andy_87 Level 1

Check for windows update if you are using windows 7. You might be using windows 7 without any service pack. You need to have a minimum of windows 7 with service pack 1. Check in windows update if the update for service pack 1 for windows 7 is available or not and download the update if its available. Also check optional updates for graphic driver updates like Intel, AMD or Nvidia