It does appear briefly and I have tried the suggestions above, but with no success.
Could you explain the issue in details .? from when exactly are you facing this issue , were you able to use it before without any issue?
I noticed it a few days ago, it may have coincided with the 10.10.3 update but I'm not sure. The CC app doesn't open and the icon is missing. When I try to open the CC app the icon shows for a second then disappears.
Did you tried launching from Root user account?
Not sure how to do that. Can you explain, thanks.
Click on below link :
(Applies for Yosemite as well)
How to log in as root
Use these steps in Snow Leopard and later to log in as the root user.
- If you are logged in, choose Log Out from the Apple menu.
- If you are logging in from a list of usernames with pictures, click Other.
- In the Name field, type: root
- In the Password field, type the password you defined when setting up the root user account.
Let me know if you face any issue
I tried that but the Choose Edit > Enable Root User is greyed out.
Did you unlocked Directory Utility using Mac password?
I did, that's as far as I can get.
Okay, If you are unable to enable root user , you can try with new Admin account once.
1. Cick on Apple icon and then select System Preferences option and then click on Accounts icon.
2. Click the lock icon to unlock it, and type the password.
3. Click the Add button below the list of accounts.
4. From the New Account pop-up menu Choose a type as Administrator
5. Enter a name for the account as Test.
6. Leave the Password blank.
7. Click Create Account.
8. Restart the computer.
Once you login to new Admin account , try to launch CC app , still same issue.
From new Admin account , try to Enable Root user account.
All the best
1) Right click on Finder icon and select "Go-To" Folder option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.
3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.
Open Adobe folder , locate folder Input Manager or Input method.
move all its contents to Desktop. on to back up folder , make sure they are empty and then try launching Creative Cloud desktop app .
Hi, thanks for all the assistance.
I tried the root thing, still wouldn't install the CC app. Also I can't find the Input Manager in Application Support>Adobe. Tried spotlighting it but nothing of that name is there. Also tried Input Method. Frustrating stuff!
I also deinstalled everything and used the adobe cleaner app and now have no Photoshop. The trial won't even download.
Great, thanks. Get's me back working anyway. Seems a lot of people are having this issue so maybe it'll get sorted in an update. Thanks again for the help.
You are welcome.
Yep , you are correct , after recent Creative Cloud update, even permissions fix and Root user account launch also not fixing the issue .
May be Adobe is still working on the fix , hopefully they may fix it soon