3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2015 8:38 AM by A.T. Romano

Two problems with imported videos in Premiere Elements

roryt50027334

Hi all,

I have two issues I hope you can help me resolve:

On the left, a video that for some reason goes black when I import it to Premiere Elements - the footage looks fine when viewed outside of Premiere so I don't understand why this is happening.

On the right, and this is hard to see, there are light black lines that seem to "roll" up the page as the video is played. It's almost like shutter blinds are being rolled up in the background of the shot - that's the only way I can explain it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

• 1. Re: Two problems with imported videos in Premiere Elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rory

It is always important to give Premiere Elements version and computer operating system involved.

But, I think that I know what you have run into, and it is the persistent Videomerge effect.

Some history on its activity can be found

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Image Transparency and Videomerge Pop Up

But here is what I want you to do

1. Go to Expert workspace, Edit Menu/Preferences/General and place a check mark next to "Show all do not show again messages".

2. In the Expert workspace, use Add Media/Files and Folders/Projects Assets to import this video. Drag the video from Project Assets to the Timeline.

3. In the Videomerge pop up that I expect you will get, put a check mark next to "Do not show again" and then click No.

That should prevent a reoccurance of the problem. But, be on guard for a reoccurance when you least expect it. Just reapply the fix. You know what to look for now.

Please review and consider the above, and let us know if the above worked for you. Need clarification on any of the above, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Two problems with imported videos in Premiere Elements
            roryt50027334 Level 1

Thanks Romano. Any feedback on the flickering I'm getting on the video (my second question)?

For information, I'm using The latest version of Premiere Elements (13?) and Windows 7 Professional

• 3. Re: Two problems with imported videos in Premiere Elements
              A.T. Romano Level 7

roryt

I am suspecting interlaced - progressive issue. But let us look at the details.

1. You have a video file with a .mov file extension. Is the frame rate progressive or interlaced? What are the properties of this .mov file....1080i or 1080p or something else?

2. What are you (manually) or the project (automatically) setting as the project preset to match the properties of this source? If you are not sure, please tell us what the readings are for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Rate, and Pixel Aspect Ratio under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

3. Have you taken the Timeline with this .mov to export yet? If so, do those lines appear in your export choice?

Let us review the details of the above and then decide what next is indicated.

Thanks.

ATR