5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2015 7:01 AM by tudor@apmadoc.net

Remove faces from facial recognition

kentmcpherson Level 1

Is there a way to remove the facial recognition box from a group of photos at one time?  The specific case is many photos have people in them you don't know or care to name.  But to go into each photo and delete the box one at a time will take a long time if you have many photos in your catalog.

• 1. Re: Remove faces from facial recognition
          Tanja2014 Level 2

go to people view in the selected folder, select the faces in the "unnamed" window.... hit delete.

afaik there is no option to disable FR for specific folders.

• 2. Re: Remove faces from facial recognition
            kentmcpherson Level 1

That works great for the Unnamed.  Thanks.  But what about all the ones LR puts in the Similar category that are wrong?  Hitting the delete key for those doesn't work.  Other ways to do those?

• 3. Re: Remove faces from facial recognition
              Wolf Eilers Level 4

Here's an interesting image testing Lr's facial recognition. The image contains faces painted on a section of the Berlin Wall.

• 4. Re: Remove faces from facial recognition
                simonsaith Adobe Employee

Method 1: Select the named face in the People view, right-click to access the "Remove Face Regions" contextual menu command. This will delete the all the name faces for the selection.

Method 2: Double click on the named face in the People view (or contextual menu Find Similar Faces) to go to the Single Person View. Delete any confirmed faces there.

• 5. Re: Remove faces from facial recognition
                  tudor@apmadoc.net Level 1

I do mostly landscape and urban exploration photography, sometimes some street shots.   I love facial recognition for photos where I need it, but the vast majority of my work it just slows things down.   I store my photos in a hierarchy based on date

2000's

2002-05-14 - Urban Exploration

2002-07-20 - Backyard Party

2004-02-05 - Mikes Birthday

2010's

etc

the 2000's folder has over 125,000 pics in it, The 2014 folder has 63,000 pics.   If I click on the 2014 folder and move to facial recognition, my computer is brought to it's knees.  I have an 8 core CPU, 64GB memory and SSD drive for both boot and Lightroom Catalog / Previews.

I would like to see a feature added where I can click on a folder and turn off facial recognition for that folder.  I would hope that would really help speed things up