• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud desktop App for Mac crashes and does not work

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed creative cloud for MAC (running OSX 10.9). App does not run. I see the Creative Cloud icon at top of screen (in menu) for about 0.5 seconds then it disappears. No error messages or warnings. I have tried to uninstall and install the desktop app many times with the same results. It appears there is no way to download the LR CC and PS CC that I paid for.

I have even tried to run this from another dmim account. Same error.

I have run disk utility - repair disk and repair permissions.

Please can someone help me with this issue?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try with the solutions provided on the below discussion:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1822674

Let me know if you face same issue even after trying with the steps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjeeta, thank you for this. I did all the actions including repair permissions and yet I still get the same error. The creative cloud app appears at the top of the screen for half a second and then disappears. I cannot get the app to run at all...

Please advise.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tried launching from Root user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I performed the rights setup from root and tried to run the creative cloud desktop app from the root account...I got the same result....

So now I am 1 day down and I still cannot download and install LR CC or PS CC.....not very good customer experience....

I still need a solution that works...or Adobe will have to refund my subscription as it does not work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However , regarding CC App crash issue .

Login to Root account again.

you may try repairing disk permissions on your Mac computer .

Also , if you find any com.Adobe .Creative Cloud preferences files under ~/Library/Preferences. ( do not miss ~ symbol)

Move it to backup folder on desktop. make sure they are not inside Preferences folder anymore and then try to launch CC desktop app.

Still same issue ??

Try with Safeboot mode once.

[Note : Screen may look different in Safeboot mode , but once you restart and login with normal mode ,it will be normal]

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18760?locale=en_US

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode? - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all the help and the online chat from Adobe...Position so far:

Still not Creative Cloud Desktop working. It still crashes.

However, I have LR CC and PS CC installed and they look like they are working.

How do I see crash reports? Maybe that would highlight what is going wrong?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to check Error log files like PDAPP , ACC ,OOBELIB , it will located under ~/library/Logs.

However , I recommend you to contact Adobe Support  via Live chat once . they can even remote access the computer and check.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_downloading-installing-setting-up_downloadi ng-instal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or if they have any recent updated troubleshooting process they will fix it , or they might collect log files and escalate the case  to higher level support .

Normally , this issue was being noticed on Yosemite , and it was getting fixed either by providing permissions to main libraries or by launching from Root user account .

Not sure what's happening , may be its the recent update. unless we analyze Error log files .,we cannot judge.

All the best , let me know the status lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help....

I did have a 1.5 hour chat session with Adobe yesterday and the agent was accessing my machine remotely. However, no resolution and the connection was lost before analysis was concluded...there is a ticket logged and we will continue.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they collected the log files and escalated the case ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dreamscuba,

So sorry to hear that, ou may need to check with crash  report.

However , for time being , you may install CC app using alternate downloads .

1)Photoshop cc 2014 :

http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PHSP/15/osx10/Photoshop_15_LS20.dmg

2) Lightroom cc 2015 :

http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/LTRM/6/osx10/Lightroom_6_LS11.dmg

Important note :

" If you get error message as Access Denied when you click on on above link , just click on below link and it will open Photoshop Elements download page , just simple keep the page open and then click on above links , it will download installers file "

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/photoshop-elements-10-11-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder , locate folder Input Manager or Input method.

move all its contents to Desktop. on to back up folder  , make sure they are empty and then try launching Creative Cloud desktop app .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same exact thing is happening to me and I haven't gotten it figured out. I already have CC desktop installed on another computer, but nothing will work on this one. The app appears for about half a second and is grayed out, and then disappears again but says it is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. My IT guy is probably ready to bonk me. Anyway, Creative Cloud installer not booting up. Got an error -1. ? Mac 10.10.3. IT guy says is was working yesterday when he last fixed my computer. I've never heard that one before. Anyway - what's up with this????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 4.31.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting Error code 1 while running CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg file ?

If so , follow below steps :

Important :  Launch Activity Monitor and "Force Quit" all the process related to Adobe like Creative Cloud setup, CoreSync, AAMupdater, AAMupdater notifier, Adobe Crash demon from Activity monitor.

1)

Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under Utilities window and trash both folders.

2)

Click on the below link and download & run Adobe Cleaner tool :

Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and then click on "Clean up Selected" .

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems/_jc...

3) Click on the below link and download Creative Cloud Installer file and use the same to install the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/osx10/CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DUDE! It worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are most welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear B.

You probably saved me hours to days of grief and frustration with your solution. I tried to reinstall Creative Cloud Desktop and no luck. With the complexity of this service, I knew that this was going to be a challenge. But, I found your perfectly explained, working solution. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that .

You are welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you figure this out? Stroke of genius?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Crash has been noticed for different reasons , specifically on Mac computers.,

Earlier, it was due to Insufficient permissions to Libraries and hence the application was getting crashed , especially on OS X 10.10 Yosemite version.

Later in due to recent release of Creative Cloud version 2_0_0_74, many cases were found the crash is due to the Input Manager files Third party Add ons or some other files which is affecting application .

This is not only issue with Creative cloud , they might affect other apps also .mostly Safari browser.

You may refer below links : [ Similar scenario]

http://www.cnet.com/news/crashing-especially-safari-remove-input-managers-first/

If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My significant other complained that I was always dealing with problems on my computer in the last several months and what was the problem as MAC is supposed to be stable. I tried to explain to him that with all the updates on the operating systems and complex apps I used that it is not what it used to be. I had enormous problems with permissions on Mavericks and Yosemite and could not figure out why - now I know from you that this was the software, and not how I had my computer set up.. Also my older Bamboo tablet, I discovered, was causing serious freezes. Why would they release something with such serious issues that caused those of us who use complex, demanding software where permissions are exceedingly important?  I have lost so much work time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally acceptable discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines