3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2015 5:27 PM by Asymetrical

Several Bugs in Flash, drawing tools unusable now

jessejayjones

So frustrating. It's clear Adobe won't do anything to fix their broken drawing tools in Flash, and every version is more broken and less useful than the previous one.

Glitches:

penJitter.png

1. Pencil tool is jittery, inserts so many points and jagged parts that it makes it an unusable line. Pencil tool is on smooth setting at 100%.

pointMoves.png

2. So I moved to using the pen tool even though it's slower to my workflow, but when drawing with it moves points away randomly making every point broken in the segment. So both pencil drawing tools do not work at all.

3. When saving a file, after typing a letter it highlights the whole file name so if I keep typing it erases everything. Frustrating when saving several versions of a file.

4. When using outline onion skin mode, it turns all layers into outlines as well instead of filled in colors, making it impossible to see which is the onion skin and which is the drawing.

5. Flash randomly loses its display of all windows and I end up losing my work.

Technical info:

I am using the most up to date version of Flash Pro CC on a Windows 7 computer with an Intuos Pro tablet with driver Driver 6.3.11-4a.

I will not be using Flash anymore and will be migrating to Toon Boom and recommending all animation studios I work at to do the same. It's clear Adobe does not care about Flash as an animation tool with each broken update.

• 1. Re: Several Bugs in Flash, drawing tools unusable now
          Asymetrical Adobe Community Professional

This has more to do with your tablet than Flash and #5. makes me think either your graphic card is going or you  don't have enough memory to display what you're drawing. I draw at least 12 hours a day in Flash at least six days a week and never have these problems but then I have 24gb of memory installed and a 6 gb video card. What I'm saying is these aren't bugs so much as issues with your hardware. Maybe roll back your driver? Or it's just possible that your computer simply can't handle the vector calculations or that your tablet is too old to handle Flash. In any event I can't really agree this is an Adobe thing. Here's something I drew in Flash late last year and you can see my line is clean.

Ogre.jpg

• 2. Re: Several Bugs in Flash, drawing tools unusable now
            jessejayjones Level 1

Thanks Mike! I love your drawing!

This is occurring on a machine at work, so who knows what the issue may be. It has 32gb of memory and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 6gb graphic card, and the tablet is an Intuos Pro Small which was purchased brand new and updated to the latest drivers. I'll try rolling back the tablet drivers as you suggest and see if that fixes the problem and post the results.

• 3. Re: Several Bugs in Flash, drawing tools unusable now
              Asymetrical Adobe Community Professional

Thanks for the kind comment on my drawing! :-)

I was also thinking that you might try the "Feel It" driver Wacom has because yeah with those specs it's definitely not a memory issue!