3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 2:38 AM by Finn Lillethorup

Errors encountered during installation (7)

KnutArneGjertsen

While updating to LR6 I got this error. ERROR: DF016: Unable to create directory "\\statkart.no\ri_data\brukerdata\gjknut\..\Desktop". Error 5 Access is denied.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.(Seq 6641)

I don't know how to fix this ...

Any help?

• 1. Re: Errors encountered during installation (7)
          Finn Lillethorup

We have exactly the same problem in my company - we cant install Lightroom on any of our work-computers.

It is quite frustrating - we are several employes who are used to use Lightroom in our daily workflow, but we have not been able to use the program in the last ½ year.

I have had some of our network experts look at the problem, but they cant get behind it.

It is the only program in the Creative Cloud family that comes up with this error. What is special with the configuration of Ligthroom, that makes this error?

Please Adobe - help with a solution!

• 2. Re: Errors encountered during installation (7)
            Finn Lillethorup Level 1

Additional information about the install error.

We are running Windows 7-64 in a big company network.

• 3. Re: Errors encountered during installation (7)
              Finn Lillethorup Level 1

Here is the error-message:

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DF016 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Lightroom 6.0.0.0 {8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D} -----------

ERROR: DF016: Unable to create directory "\\vejle.dk\system$\homeaj\finli\..\Desktop". Error 5 Adgang nægtet.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.(Seq 6641)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------