5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2015 4:11 PM by A.T. Romano

I put a stop marker wen I want my !:41 movie to end but it continues in black for another 3 minutes?????

daryld79365143

I put a stop marker wen I want my !:41 movie to end but it continues in black for another 3 minutes?????

• 1. Re: I put a stop marker wen I want my !:41 movie to end but it continues in black for another 3 minutes?????
          A.T. Romano Level 7

daryld

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Unless you want lots of trouble, never put a stop marker at the end of the last item on your Premiere Elements (any version) Timeline.

You do not need it, and it causes multiple workflow problems.

The description of your issue suggests that you have leftovers (fragments of clips, clips you moved to the side for safe keeping, miscellaneous debris) in the tracks beyond the last item of the Timeline content.

Suggested Fix

Hit the End key of the computer main keyboard, and observe where the Timeline Indicator stops. That is the place to inspect for debris. Expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline to get the best possible view of what you have there. If you do not see an obvious clip there, then look for thin vertical black lines scattered about the tracks. Make sure you have all the tracks opened and that you inspect all.

All that debris needs to be deleted. When you think you have gotten rid of all of it, then hit the End key to make sure that the Timeline Indicator stops at the end of the last item of the Timeline.

Please let us know the outcome and give more details as necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I put a stop marker wen I want my !:41 movie to end but it continues in black for another 3 minutes?????
            daryld79365143 Level 1

Thank you ATR. I was able to clean up the tails and clear all markers and

the movie stopped when it should.

I need to get back in iphone format but my premiere elements 12 will only

let me output flv on my windows 8.1 computer. I get an error message

whenever I attempted to output to any iphone listed format and I went down

the list from top to bottom.

What can I do? Why is it not outputting to iphone format?

Thanks,

Daryl Duda

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 1:28 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: I put a stop marker wen I want my !:41 movie to end but it continues in black for another 3 minutes?????
              A.T. Romano Level 7

daryld

Thanks for the update with the great news that you found and got rid of those fragments that were extending your intended export time. Great job since those are not the easiest to find.

The iphone video export situation can relate to several factors. Do you have any problems importing it into a project? And, if you can import it, is the audio usually out of sync on the Timeline? Premiere Elements (many versions) does not do well with cell phone video and video from other devices that record with a variable rather than a constant frame rate. The symptoms of this variable frame rate matter range from Timeline audio out of sync to not being able to import this video at all. The remedy for that situation is to take the video into a program like the free HandBrake and convert it to H.264.mp4 with a constant frame rate. Then import that H.264.mp4 into your Premiere Elements project.

But, we need to check out the export details to assure that we are not using the variable frame issue to cloud some export issues as well.

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements? What specific error message do you get if you export your Timeline to MPEG, AVCHD, Windows Media Player, or QuickTime?

Please review and consider, and then we will comment on this further based on your reply.

Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated.

ATR

• 4. Re: I put a stop marker wen I want my !:41 movie to end but it continues in black for another 3 minutes?????
                daryld79365143 Level 1

Hey ATA....I was able to convert the flv file output of my premiere elements 12 to windows media player MPEG with handbrake was able to upload to Facebook directly from elements 12 which solved all my problems cause then not only did I have the right file format but everyone who I wanted to see it....got it. Thanks....I will direct all further questions to you directly if you don't mind.

Daryl Duda

Sent from my iPhone

• 5. Re: I put a stop marker wen I want my !:41 movie to end but it continues in black for another 3 minutes?????
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

daryld

Thanks for the update with the wonderful news of problems solved. Great job of getting your videos so all could view them.

Hope all goes well with your projects moving forward, but, if any questions or need classification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

ATR