8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2015 9:21 PM by bobo12312

No sound in exported .mpg - Adobe Premiere Elements 9

bobo12312

I have an audio/video project that plays fine in Adobe Premiere Elem. 9, but when I export as MPEG or WMV file, there is no sound. I'm 99.9% sure it's not my export settings as I've exported on these same settings hundreds of times before with no issues.  One thing I can think of is that an error regarding "scratch disks" pops up when opening the project, and I've attached the screen shot.  I don't know how to fix that - if someone knows, I would appreciate the solution!  I've also attached screen shots of my timeline, project settings and export settings.  I'm not extremely  advanced with the computer, so if you could provide any explanations in simple terms, that'd be appreciated! thanks! SS6.JPG

SS1.JPGSS2.JPGSS3.JPGSS4.JPG

• 1. Re: No sound in exported .mpg - Adobe Premiere Elements 9
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bobo12312

Thank you for the screenshots to supply details related to your Premiere Elements 9 project with the audio export issue.

I am in the process of studying the information from your screenshots. While I am doing this, could you post a screenshot of the Scratch Disks under Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks so that I can see where each is directed and how much free hard drive space is at the location for each.

Preliminary Questions about your screenshots

Your Second Screenshot...

Why are the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar not spanning the whole Timeline content?

Render.JPG

The above screenshot is from 10, but it shows the principle of the Work Area Bar gray tabs and them spanning the whole Timeline content.

Third Screenshot...MPEG Export

I would consider the Pixel Aspect Ratio = Square Pixels instead of Widescreen 16:9. But, my primary question here is what is set under the Multiplexer Tab. Is the DVD or None dotted? If None, then please use DVD choice. Your source appears to be 1920 x 1080p24 but you are exporting as 1920 x 1080i25. Do you want to export 1920 x 1080p24? If you do, I can tell you how to do that using preset = HD720p25 and customizing the preset under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of that preset.

Let us start here and then compare notes to resolve the no sound in MPEG export. We will consider the WMV export next. Do you get sound in the export if you make a QuickTime export choice instead of Windows Media and MPEG? Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements?

Please review and consider. Do not hesitate to let me know if you need for me to clarify any of the above. I will re-write on any points that you are not clear about.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: No sound in exported .mpg - Adobe Premiere Elements 9
            bobo12312 Level 1

Thank you so much for your help! All i know is I've never had issues with no sound for years, and I have not altered the export settings whatsoever, I always choose the same, so I feel as though it is not due to my export settings, though perhaps I'm wrong.  The only difference I can think of is I'm receiving that Scratch Disk error which I never saw before.  Your help is so appreciated!

1. screenshot of the Scratch Disks under Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks: SS10.JPG

There is no sound w/ Quicktime export either. 

Why are the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar not spanning the whole Timeline content? I fixed below, look ok?SSMM.JPGSS11.JPG

• 3. Re: No sound in exported .mpg - Adobe Premiere Elements 9
              A.T. Romano Level 7

bobo12312

Thanks for the reply.

Let us target those Scratch Disks settings.

What caught my attention is everything including the project file going to the Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder.

Typically, you have the

Libraries

Documents

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder you find

Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder

Adobe Premiere Elements Previews Files Folder

Encoded Files Folder

Media Cache Files Folder

Layouts Folder

and project file, and two log files.

Open a new project. When you are greeted by the New Project dialog, make sure that the New Project dialog's Save In: is set to the 9.0 Folder in the path

Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0. When you are in the project, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks

and set all the scratch disks to "Same As Project". Continue in the project and try the exports for MPEG, Windows Media, and QuickTime again.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: No sound in exported .mpg - Adobe Premiere Elements 9
                bobo12312 Level 1

AT Romano - this is great advice, and I will try this.  So it appears as though that would solve the issue in a brand new project, but can I still get the sound to work on my current project?

• 5. Re: No sound in exported .mpg - Adobe Premiere Elements 9
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

bob12312

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are now OK with sound for the export in new project, then let us try this for the current project with the no sound in the export.

Open this problem project. Go to File Menu/Save A Copy and do just that. Name it accordingly. Leave the same hard drive save location for copy as for original.

Open the copied project, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and them up the new way as we mentioned before. Save, close, reopen this project and try one of your exports to determine if you get sound in the exports.

I am undecided about whether or not to delete some more files in this process. But for now, let us see what happens.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: No sound in exported .mpg - Adobe Premiere Elements 9
                    bobo12312 Level 1

It worked!  I cannot believe you figured that out!!  You have no IDEA much time you saved me, and how overjoyed I am. Thank you SO SO SO MUCH!!

-Steve

• 7. Re: No sound in exported .mpg - Adobe Premiere Elements 9
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Great news. Great job. I am smiling here. Sometimes I amaze myself. I was undecided about that suggestion. But, then I decided it had a fighting chance of working. You made my day with your great news.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR

• 8. Re: No sound in exported .mpg - Adobe Premiere Elements 9
                        bobo12312 Level 1

You saved me!  I can't overstate how important your help was, thank you so much!