4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2018 12:10 PM by hankgillette

Lightroom Creative Cloud app location?

chrisd40442477

I downloaded the LR Creative Cloud app.  Where is the application on my Mac? No where to be found. I see LR5 in my applications folder, but no LRCCloud?  When I downloaded Photoshop Creative Cloud, the application appears in my applications folder.

• 1. Re: Lightroom Creative Cloud app location?
          Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

It should be in a folder called Adobe Lightroom within your Application folder

• 2. Re: Lightroom Creative Cloud app location?
            chrisd40442477 Level 1

Hello Ian:  You were correct, thanks!  Unfortunately, when I click on the LR application icon, the LR splash screen appears for about 1/10 sec., and then it goes away.  The app does not launch.  I wonder if I should uninstall and re-download?

• 3. Re: Lightroom Creative Cloud app location?
              chrisd40442477 Level 1

Just a quick update to my previous reply from 4:58am.   I downloaded/ installed LR creative Cloud on my iMac and it exhibits the same issue.  the LR splash screen appears for about 1/10 sec., and then it goes away.  The app does not launch.

• 4. Re: Lightroom Creative Cloud app location?
                hankgillette

I wish I had that problem. I downloaded the trial version of Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom and even though I did not subscribe (I hate rental software), Creative Cloud and its “helpers” keep launching themselves on my MacBook Pro and taking up resources. I have looked but cannot find the Creative Cloud app (WTF, Adobe? What gives you the right to hide one of your apps on my computer and keep launching it?). I tried running the Creative Cloud uninstaller, but it said that I had programs installed on my computer that require Creative Cloud, an obvious lie (Again, WTF, Adobe? Why do you lie to your customers?).

I was never in Adobe’s target customer base (I was a software engineer who did a lot of photography and played around with graphic stuff as a hobby), so they won‘t care, but I will be looking for an alternate application to process my photographs.