11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2015 8:28 AM by A.T. Romano

How to organize large number of photos to go into a movie. Premier elements 13.

bawseahorse

I want to place over 500 pictures into a movie in PE 13 and cannot find a way to do this efficiently.  Any suggestions?

Thanks much.

• 1. Re: How to organize large number of photos to go into a movie. Premier elements 13.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bawseahourse

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on - 32 or 64 bit? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet? If not, please do so.

For your immediate question about organization of 500 pictures that you want to include in your movie to be exported from Premiere Elements 13/13.1 project......

You can always organize them in a folder on the hard drive and then import the folder into the project, drag the folder into the Timeline, and have the photos open on the Timeline in the sequence in the folder. But the program does come with the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 which you could explore for your purposes of photo organization. The Album concept of the Elements Organizer can also support importing the photos in a wanted sequence if that is what is wanted.

Elements Organizer Help | Using Elements Organizer and Adobe Premiere Elements together

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/topics.html

Video is 4:3 or 16:9. If you photos are 3:2 (for prints), then you will probably have to address cropping to 16:9 if you are planning on a HD project. Any need for resizing/then cropping is dependent on your computer resources.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to organize large number of photos to go into a movie. Premier elements 13.
            bawseahorse Level 1

I am using 64 Bit on Windows 8.1 Pro and Premier Elements 13.1. 

I do want the movie to be in HD and have processed the photos to be 1920X1440 pixels.  My computer: CPU 4.0 HGz with 32 GB or RAM. 

I will try creating the Albums in Photoshop Elements and attaching them to the Project in Premier.

thank you.

Bette

• 3. Re: How to organize large number of photos to go into a movie. Premier elements 13.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

bawseahorse

Thanks for the follow up.

If you photos are being directed for HD project (16:9), you do not want 1920 x 1440 4:3. Please look at photos with pixel dimensions of 1920 x 1080 16:9.

If there are special circumstances related to your preference, please explain.

Are you going to be creating this movie in the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Editor or the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Slideshow Builder?

ATR

• 4. Re: How to organize large number of photos to go into a movie. Premier elements 13.
                bawseahorse Level 1

Thank you, I will change the pixel dimensions.  These dimensions were auto filled in Photoshop elements when I downsized the originals.  When I put in the width 1990, the software automatically chose the 1440.  I will change to custom designation in using your recommendations.

I organized the photos in Premier elements 13.1 organizer and then copied them to Photoshop elements where I will add the transitions, titles and audio.  I have not used Photoshop elements slide creator.  Is it better to create the slide show in Photoshop elements and move to PE to complete?

Thank you again.

--

Best Regards,

Bette Warn

<mailto:bettewarn@gmail.com> bettewarn@gmail.com

303-589-7009 cell

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.  If you have any questions regarding this notice or the e-mail that you have received, please respond to:  <mailto:bettewarn@gmail.com> bettewarn@gmail.com

• 5. Re: How to organize large number of photos to go into a movie. Premier elements 13.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Bette Warn

Thanks for the follow up.

The Elements Organizer 13/13.1 opportunity for slideshow creation is different than in earlier versions. Before you could create a slideshow in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor and output it from there to Premiere Elements to burn to disc or to break the slideshow apart there to do significant further edits before the burn to disc.

In 13/13.1, you build your slideshow using 1 of 5 possible themes and save the slideshow as AVCHD.mp4 file either 720p or 1080p. There are opportunities to edit the 13/13.1 slideshow in the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Slideshow Builder - but far less edits available than in previous Elements Organizers. And, you would have to import that 720p or 1080p file from the hard drive save location into Premiere Elements project, using Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders - no more Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor Output command "Edit with Premiere Elements Editor" command for the transfer between workspaces.

Elements Organizer Help | Create slideshows

Nonetheless, you should do a mini test run with this type of slideshow to see what it is all about and then decide if it would fit into your video projects goals.

Please let us know if you need supplemental information on the above or other aspects of your Premiere Elements Elements Organizer workflows.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...since this is a publish forum, please do not include contact information in your posts in order to avoid possible nuisances to that contact information.

• 6. Re: How to organize large number of photos to go into a movie. Premier elements 13.
                    bawseahorse Level 1

Thank you I appreciate all of your input.  I think I would rather use Premier Elements to create the movie as I am not liking all of the predetermined themes that are in Photoshop elements.  They are too limiting and just as much effort to edit them as in creating my own theme in Elements.

--

Best Regards,

Bette Warn

303-589-7009 cell

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.  If you have any questions regarding this notice or the e-mail that you have received, please respond to:  <mailto:bettewarn@gmail.com> bettewarn@gmail.com

• 7. Re: How to organize large number of photos to go into a movie. Premier elements 13.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Bette Warn

Thank for the follow up.

Exploration and experimentation and mini test runs are good ways to develop the workflow that you will follow through on.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits. If you have any questions along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes,

ATR

• 8. Re: How to organize large number of photos to go into a movie. Premier elements 13.
                        bawseahorse Level 1

AT:

I have encountered another issue that I cannot find resolution for.  I have

completed the build of the movie, I have all pictures in, added transitions

and audio however when I render the movie it will not render the last 10

minutes of the movie.  The total length of the movie is 47 minutes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bette

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 4:11 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 9. Re: How to organize large number of photos to go into a movie. Premier elements 13.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bette

The first thing that you have to look at is the placement of the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar. They need to span the whole duration of the Timeline content.

Render.JPG

The screenshot was done with Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and is applicable to versions 11 and 13/13.1 as well.

Please excuse my typing error in the screenshot...Posible where it should be Possible.

To set those gray tabs, the shortcuts are....

Move the Timeline Indicator to the beginning of the Timeline...then as you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, hit the left bracket key [

Then move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the Timeline content and, as you hold down the Alt key, hit the right bracket key ]

(You can use the computer End key to get the Timeline Indicator to the end of the Timeline content, and you can use the computer Home key to get the Timeline Indicator to the beginning of the Timeline.)

You do not need to do Timeline rendering. It does not fix anything. It just gives you the best possible preview. I call it a window of opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later. But, not rendering will not prevent you from continuing in the project.

Please let us know if the placement of those gray tabs is the cause of the problem. If not, please give us some details of the content in those last 10 minutes of the project.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: How to organize large number of photos to go into a movie. Premier elements 13.
                            bawseahorse Level 1

AT:

I saved and closed the program yesterday after rendering and when I try to open it today it starts to load the project then I get a message that PE has experienced and error and is closing.  I have tried to open it three times and have received this message two out of the three times and one time I got a message that PE was running low on system memory and then closed.  I don’t think it is my computer as I have 32 GB of RAM running on and Intel 7 core with CPU @ 4.ooGHZ. 

To answer your question about the Timeline indicator, yes I had it bracketing the entire timeline when rendering.  After the incident of not rendering the last 10 minutes, I then bracketed only that section and still it would not render it.  I have the same size and type of pictures in this section with a few titles that are the same as other parts of the movie and music in this section that is the same mp4 as the rest of the movie. 

--

Best Regards,

Bette Warn

303-589-7009 cell

• 11. Re: How to organize large number of photos to go into a movie. Premier elements 13.
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bette

Thanks for the reply with additional details.

Please go to the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder and let us know the size of that folder. Are you seeing GB amounts of preview files in that folder? If so, you may want to delete them all. The consequence of that action would be that you would have to re-render Timeline content to which they were associated. For HD project, there are two files generated every time you Timeline render a Timeline video or audio file.....MPEG2.mpg and a companion .xmp informational file. You will get those two files from a Timeline render whether you rendered file is video or still.

Also, look into the Media Cache Files Folder where the automatically generated conformed audio files are saved. Delete them all. The consequence of that action would be the program automatically generating these files again when and if needed.

You can verify the location of these file via Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and Video Preview and Media Cache.

Also, hit the clean button in the Media Cache Database area accessed Edit Menu/Preferences/Media.

In spite of your computer resources, let us determine if any of that impacts this issue.

Thank you.

ATR