3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2015 6:13 PM by thedigitaldog

Resizing Export's Floating Panel

jsmith1642 Level 1

Is there no way to resize LR's Export panel HORIZONTALLY.  Odd that it resizes vertically, and almost every other program app out there, including most of Adobe's others, enable floating panel resizing in both directions.

The problem is that any export preset that has more than 21 characters (18 if nested) hides the any trailing characters beyond that.  And since LR also doesn't allow user re-sorting of the presets, a number or letter has to be leading to force a sort.  That means that the only way to see all your characters is to initiate a rename.  Really???

Anyone have any solutions that I'm missing?  Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Resizing Export's Floating Panel
          thedigitaldog MVP & Adobe Community Professional

jsmith1642 wrote:

Is there no way to resize LR's Export panel HORIZONTALLY.

Nope. I agree, the size is limiting when entering lots of text which I often need to do as well.

• 2. Re: Resizing Export's Floating Panel
            jsmith1642 Level 1

Crazy. When placing the arrow over one of the corners, a double-arrow appears just like in a million other apps (including most of Adobe's) implying resize both directions from the corner, but only vertical resizes.  And since nesting into collapsible preset sets is available, most of us don't need the vertical nearly as much as those of us who have long preset names need horizontal.  There must be some way to get this on Adobe's radar as a JDI, especially since the fix of this annoyance must be pretty simple.  And easily incorporated now from the CC version with other updates. 

• 3. Re: Resizing Export's Floating Panel
              thedigitaldog MVP & Adobe Community Professional

jsmith1642 wrote:

Crazy. When placing the arrow over one of the corners, a double-arrow appears just like in a million other apps (including most of Adobe's) implying resize both directions from the corner, but only vertical resizes.

Not sure if that's a UI no-no or not, I can't find as yet, other app's that do follow this odd behavior but I'm still looking. Bottom line is, you're right, it would  be useful if it could be sized. Might want to file a feature request, not sure that will get us anywhere.

As for a solution, it's a huge kludge, type the long name elsewhere, copy and paste into the text field in Export. It appears this does work.