3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2015 9:05 PM by A.T. Romano

Each time I open this I get a message that pops up and says

stevep80129764

I get the below message from the first time I open the program since I have installed it electronically.

Adobe Premiere Elements.exc – No Disk

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E.

Cancel                   Try Again             Continue

I have tried to insert an empty disk and it doesn't help and just comes right back up. I than have to hit Cancel 6 times before it goes away. Then after working in the program and even burning a DVD disk and close the program the same message comes up and I have to cancel it 3 times before it will go away.

• 2. Re: Each time I open this I get a message that pops up and says
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stevep

Nothing to look up if you have Premiere Elements 13/13.1. The No Disc error is a known error in Premiere Elements 13/13.1, and its remedy is to delete or disable the OldFilm.AEX file. Assuming the you have 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, the path to the OldFilm.AEX file is:

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Plug-ins

Common

NewBlue

and in the NewBlue Folder is the OldFilm.AEX file that you delete or disable by renaming the file from OldFilm.AEX to OldFilm.AEXOLD.

The other version known for its No Disc error is 11. That one involved SmartSound which is not found in Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

Please review and consider, and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Another matter to watch out for in 13/13.1.....if problems with burn to in Publish+Share/Disc, look at the problem with and without the preference Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher disabled. See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

• 3. Re: Each time I open this I get a message that pops up and says
            A.T. Romano Level 7

John T. Smith

Thank you for posting that forums search list for No Disc. I have not mastered the art of finding things in the Adobe Forums. And, that type of search grab is what I have been seeking lately for a variety of things, but was not sure how to get there. Tonight, your post inspired me to try to figure that out, and this is what I came up with:

1. Start on the Adobe web page which appears to have the address https://forums.adobe.com/welcome. And, in the "Search Communities" field to the top right of the page, type in (in this case) "No Disc".

searchforum1.JPG

The "Search Communities" No Disc entry takes you to the following web page where you can go to the left column of the page, find Restrict results by and enter "Premiere Elements" in the Community field under Restrict results by.

SearchForums.JPG

There is a wealth of information in these forums that should be utilized and not faded into the past after it is viewed and pushed out of sight with the daily thread traffic. I hope your entry and my explanation of how to get there and do that, helps those in search of Premiere Elements answers old and new. If there is a shorter/better way to do this, please let us know.

Thanks.

ATR