2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2015 8:44 PM by dSparks

Adding custom css classes from within edge animate

mads18950258 Level 1

is it possible to add  CSS classes from within Edge Animate, im not talking about adding your own stylesheet by ex. manually editing the .html document, but rather adding classes via ex. the code window ?, it would be immensely helpful to have everything in one place.

any suggestions on this one ?

• 1. Re: Adding custom css classes from within edge animate
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes - you can use addclass() and you can use UI.

1- UI

Select elements in elements panel. Click the C button in the property panel.

Use this for example

sym.$('.classname').css({'color':'red'});

2- addclaas()

sym.$("name').addclass('classname');

Use same as above.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 8:56 AM mads18950258 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 2. Re: Adding custom css classes from within edge animate
            dSparks Level 1

resdesign wrote:

Yes - you can use addclass() and you can use UI.

1- UI

Select elements in elements panel. Click the C button in the property panel.

Use this for example

sym.$('.classname').css({'color':'red'});

resdesign I've tried your method but it still escapes me on EA 2015 latest version. Could you elaborate or give a sample code that works in the latest version? I've clicked the "C" button and pasted your sample code and tried various options to make it work. I've used the sample as-is and replaced '.classname' with a custom and with the class name of the element via the dev inspector in chrome. Thus far, nothing works. The edge reference PDF shows nothing. This is the most frustrating thing about the app is there is no practical way to add or edit the css files as actual css.

So let's say I select an element on the stage. I click on the C button and I put ...?... in the white box.

Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 20.42.42.png