1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2015 11:22 AM by A.T. Romano

Extracting files, space and privileges "problems"

lyanf71072354

My problem is that after it "finish" the download, gives me a message of "a problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder. I check the damn folder, I run it as administrator, I went to Office Depot, I create a new folder, I try it like 30 times! I NEED HELP URGENT! PLEAAAAAAAASEEEE

• 1. Re: Extracting files, space and privileges "problems"
          A.T. Romano Level 7

lyanf

There is a possibility that the problem exists in the Office Depot download. Have you received a purchased serial number from it even though your product has not yet installed?

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

Consider

a. Download and install tryout files from the following web site and insert your purchased serial number into them during installation (I am assuming that you are seeking Premiere Elements 13)...this web site also has tryout files for Premiere Elements 9, 10, 11, 12, as well as 13.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

b. Use the download from

Other downloads

c. Contact Office Max Customer Service about the issue

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....In your present route, try putting the folder in Documents instead of Desktop and running the process with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. Typically two files are involved -- one with .exe file extension, that does the extracting and one with .7z file extension, that is the program itself.