Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

At first error code 205, Error code 1 when using new user profile

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Windows Professional 8.1 with CS6 installed.

I now decided for CC, but as many other users I'm not even able to install it!

On my admin account I get the error code 205 when trying to launch CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe.

I read lots of similar posts and tried everything I found, e.g. creating a new Windows admin user profile - this broughtt me just one step further as the installers quits a little bit later with another error code (1).

My PC is a Quad CPU with 2.4GHz, 8GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD - so technical limitations (as I figured out might be indicated by error code 1) shouldn't be an issue!

And it is not even possible to drop an Email to Adobe Support as there is only chat and phone from Mo-Fr 9-17h - this is ridiculous...

Anyway - why are there no more simple Download-Links for the Apps?

Obviously Adobe seems not to be able to provide working installers - this whole CC thing is absolutely crap as I'm not able to use it!

I'd really appreciate if someone who had/has the same problem(s) would come up with a solution - and please - no standard links to dummy Adobe support pages!

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards

Carsten

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

End all Adobe processes from Task Manager .

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder.

Then try to install Creative Cloud desktop , if  you get error code 205 , Follow above steps again and delete those folder .

Then refer below link :

Persistent 205 Error (Win 7) when installing Creative Cloud Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End all Adobe processes from Task Manager .

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder.

Then try to install Creative Cloud desktop , if  you get error code 205 , Follow above steps again and delete those folder .

Then refer below link :

Persistent 205 Error (Win 7) when installing Creative Cloud Desktop

( The above link is not dummy link , I just posted other steps in that post   )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the man!

The Creative Cloud got installed now!

But I'm not able to download any of the apps - it stays at 0% and after a while says "Installation error"...

I managed to install Lightroom via the direct Link you provided in your post, but none of the others is downloading as well

Perhaps you have any hints on that as well...?

Anyway - thanks so much so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 205 is an network connectivity issue.

I guess you getting error message as "Installer Failed -Download appears to be corrupted (-60) "

The recommend solutions are provided in the below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error-downloading-cc-apps.html

Tips:

1)If you are using Wireless/Wifi Internet , try with Ethernet wired connection .

2)Disable FIrewall, if you are on office or managed corporate network, if it is not possible to disable Network FIrewall , try Adding ports list to network firewall Allow/Whitelist.

3)Check whether the LAN settings is set to detect settings Automatically.

4)Try with different Internet connection , possibly different Internet Service Provider.

If face same issue even using different Internet Service Provider connection , you may contact Adobe Support and inform them regarding the issue.

Because , it will be necessary to check log files like PDAPP , OOBELIB...etc

However , for time being , it is smart to install and use the Apps using alternative method .

There is a direct download links for all CC apps .

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-direct-download-links.html

let me know if you need any help

Let me know if you are office network or any managed network , I will provide you list of Adobe ports .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brucgovn,

yes exactly, I'm getting the "Installer Failed -Download appears to be corrupted (-60) " message...

I'm using the Software on my PC at home, connected directly via LAN, without any Firewall or Proxy.

Another curious thing is, that I entered my AdobeID in the Creative Cloud Client and it seems to have connected with my account, but it seems that it does not recognize my CC licence, as the Lightroom I just installed is still running in "Trial/Test" mode...

Shouldn't the Creative Cloud Client put an "Install" button next to the apps I already have a registered license for?

But there is still a "Trial/Test" button for PS...

This is quite strange...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and look for file named hosts inside etc folder.

2)Copy the hosts file to Desktop and open the same with notepad.

Let me know whether you can see any Adobe entries like 127.0.01 activate.adobe.com ...xxxxxx.adobe.com.....etc???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is no entry as such.

The hosts file is virgin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe>OOBE. Open OOBE folder and delete opm.db file..

Once you had deleted opm.db file , launch Creative Cloud desktop app and Sign in with Adobe ID using which you had purchased subscription.

Then check with the Apps list .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and logged in again...

For PS everything is fine, but LR is still only Trial...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hurts to say , lol

The only option left is to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom cc 2015 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried that as well, but in the activities stream on the "Home" screen of the Creative Cloud App it still says "Started your 30 days trial of LR CC...11 hours ago..."

Is it possible that the Trial-activation left something in the registry or anywhere else...?

I already reinstalled LR twice - with reboot an deleting the opm.db file, but without success...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Perhaps a little sleep convinced the Creative Cloud of my licence...

I do now have an "Install" button next to LR in the app list.

But the "Started your 30 days trial of LR CC...11 hours ago..." message in the activities stream on the "Home" screen of the Creative Cloud App remains...

...is this a "leftover history message" and my license is now granted/accepted anyway?

When clicking the "Install" button I'm still getting the "Installer Failed -Download appears to be corrupted (-60) " - message for any of the other apps as well, but if this is the only "problem" that I have to install them manually this would be ok, as e.g. the PS update did surprisingly work via the Creative Cloud app.

I stopped trying to understand everything long time ago , but some things still leave me shaking my head...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep , if you have network issue it wll provide -60 error , that is the reason , you may install App using manual download link.

Network issue not stable , it depends lol .

Le me know if you face any issue like Apps listed like Try , we can fix it  .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - Everything got installed now.

The only thing that disturbs me is the "Started your 30 days trial of LR CC...11 hours ago..." message remains in the activities stream on the "Home" screen of the Creative Cloud App...

...will it disable LR after 30 days or is this just a remaining history message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you launch Lightroom application do you get any pop indicating with option:

Start Trial /Continue trial along with "License this Software "  option ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I don't, it starts just right away.

You think this is a positive indication that everything should be alright now with the license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines