3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2007 10:02 AM by inquiz

create web photo album

bagrizzly
      hi,

hopefully someone here will know the answer to this. i've been spiraling with all this web stuff for a few days. (obviously, i'm a greenhorn) anyways, when i am in dreamweaver and go to the commands part of the main menu to create web photo album, it then takes me to fireworks right? well, after the album is created, i noticed that the color in the pictures for the album were all changed. so i opened one of the images that was in the images folder and saw that it was a bitmap. i checked this out in cs2. (i think - remember i'm still spiraling)

so to my question, is there a way to edit the script that creates the web photo album in fireworks so that it keeps the integrity of the jpeg? something about displaying green people on my website sounds kinda science fiction like.

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks for your time.

cyn
        • 1. Re: create web photo album
          Level 7
          cyn,

1. Are you using Create Photo Album 2.2? If not, download it from the
          Exchange.
          2. What Photo Format are you selecting from the drop-down?

alex

bagrizzly wrote:
          > hi,
          >
          > hopefully someone here will know the answer to this. i've been spiraling with
          > all this web stuff for a few days. (obviously, i'm a greenhorn) anyways, when i
          > am in dreamweaver and go to the commands part of the main menu to create web
          > photo album, it then takes me to fireworks right? well, after the album is
          > created, i noticed that the color in the pictures for the album were all
          > changed. so i opened one of the images that was in the images folder and saw
          > that it was a bitmap. i checked this out in cs2. (i think - remember i'm still
          > spiraling)
          >
          > so to my question, is there a way to edit the script that creates the web
          > photo album in fireworks so that it keeps the integrity of the jpeg? something
          > about displaying green people on my website sounds kinda science fiction like.
          >
          > any help is greatly appreciated. thanks for your time.
          >
          > cyn
          >
          • 2. Re: create web photo album
            bagrizzly Level 1
            hi alex,

sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. i've had so many computer problems, i don't even want to think about it. hopefully they are all solved now!!!

anyways, i'm using jpeg if that is what you are referring to (in dreamweaver) in the create web photo album.

i'd like to know if there is a way to edit the script performed in fireworks. it appears when i re-open one of the images used in the web photo album in fireworks, i see “bitmap” beside of the name. also is this turning the photos into a gif which has a smaller color space? that is why i would like to see how the script is written and maybe change that if that is the case.

thanks for any replies.

cyn
            • 3. Re: create web photo album
              inquiz
              When I choose "Create Web Photo Album" from "Command" menu I get an error message from Fireworks: "Could not run the script. The file was not found." What am i doing wrong?
              Thank you for your answer in advance!

inquiz.