7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2017 8:46 AM by kaitairider

Revert Lightroom Catalog to older version?

ryangabbard

Recently upgraded to Lightroom CC, but it crashes constantly.  Unfortunately, I started 3 new catalogs in the new version.  I would love to be able to be able to open these in Lightroom 5, but it won't let me because they were created with the newer version.  Is there an easy way to roll the catalogs/resave them so I can open in Lightroom 5?

• 1. Re: Revert Lightroom Catalog to older version?
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

No can do..it's like a sex change operation, once you change it, you can't can't it back. Sorry. You would do better to try to figure out why your system is craching. Most people are not.

• 2. Re: Revert Lightroom Catalog to older version?
            ryangabbard Level 1

I disabled the GPU acceleration option and the crashing has stopped.  Oh well!

• 3. Re: Revert Lightroom Catalog to older version?
              KennethT Level 1

I believe this is a legitimate question and should not be dropped back to the customer.
              I also need to revert back to LR 5.7 due to corrupt Exif information in the exported image files that screw up my workprocess.
              I can't wait for a solution, (Look at this thread for my problems : Re: Corrupted EXIF data in photos exported from Lightroom CC)

I need to revert back to 5.7 and need to downgrade the catalog, there are multiple projects that need to be exported with 5.7 to have the web-apps and icc profiles working correctly.
              I can't use backups, because there are none of 5.7 since i upgraded.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Revert Lightroom Catalog to older version?
                Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

Here's a workaround:

In LR6 export all the photos you have worked on as DNG, then import the DNGs in LR5.

All the edits will carry over, but you won't see them in the History panel.

New features that you may have used in LR6 will obviously not be available in LR5.

• 5. Re: Revert Lightroom Catalog to older version?
                  dj_paige Level 9

I also need to revert back to LR 5.7 due to corrupt Exif information in the exported image files that screw up my workprocess.
                  I can't wait for a solution, (Look at this thread for my problems : Re: Corrupted EXIF data in photos exported from Lightroom CC)

I need to revert back to 5.7 and need to downgrade the catalog, there are multiple projects that need to be exported with 5.7 to have the web-apps and icc profiles working correctly.
                  I can't use backups, because there are none of 5.7 since i upgraded.

If you launch the Lightroom 5.7 application, it will run using your Lightroom 5 catalog. There is no need (nor is it possible) to downgrade the Lightroom 6/Lightroom CC catalog.

• 6. Re: Revert Lightroom Catalog to older version?
                    kaitairider

Same issue here.  Adobe strikes again, giving little consideration to their bread and butter consistent longtime users. Adobe cost me a big client due to all the ******** involved with upgrading to the really crappy Lightroom CC.

Hello, I have seen major performance degradation since upgrading to Lightroom Classic 7.0.1 ala Mac Sierra 10.12.6. Not even going to post me machine specs here, because I can confidently say they are adequate.

I'm a real estate photographer, and I've been a pro user since Lightroom 3. The most prominent increase in performance I noticed was the ability to create many HDR's at once. Better memory allocation to that task I suppose. However, overall the product has more degradations than improvements. I've been working all weekend to kick out a simple shoot that generally takes six hours to produce. Most of the time wasted trying to get LR to work as it should.

Here is a list of performance issues I've experienced.

1. Import issues: File corruption, and very degraded speed.

2. Micro Lagtime between mouse movement and cursor on the screen, while in develop mode.

3. Inconsistent behavior when creating panos and hdrs. The new file created sometimes ends up at the end of the files sometimes placed with the originals.

4. WB/Temperature seems off.

5. Lens correction always needs more correcting.

6. Is it me or has anyone else notice more noise issues than usual?

7. Just switching images in the filmstrip (dev. Mode) is painfully slow.

8. The forums are reporting the same info. But Adobe is taking little action to improve.

NOW may be the time to forever ditch LR. Adobe is now on my official "It Sucks" list.

• 7. Re: Revert Lightroom Catalog to older version?
                      kaitairider Level 1

Want to know what else is like a sex change operation and can't be undone? 

Pissing off customers.