13 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2015 12:46 AM by c66241865

need human contact and REFUND!!

c66241865

Instead of spending Sunday with my family I spent it on trying to run lr6 upgrade from lr4. AND then half that time lookig for email or phone number to call.  [removed at poster's request] Why make so difficult for people who are willing to pay?

issue: lightroom lr6 opens and it is stuck on splash screen.

Two ways you can help me here.

1. Send me a phone number (New Zealand) I can talk to a human being and sort this out.

2.please refund my money.

Please look up my account to get my email. i hope to hear from some live being I can actually talk to.

• 1. Re: need human contact and REFUND!!
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is a user-to-user forum. We don't have access to any records. If you purchased Lightroom 6 you are only required to be connected to the Internet until you get the serial number entered and things running. From that time forward the Internet is not needed. This probably doesn't answer your question or resolve your problem. But you will probably receive more help if you word your questions a little more civilly. There are users of all ages on this forum, and we don't need foul language even if you try to disguise it.

• 2. Re: need human contact and REFUND!!
            Jeff Schewe Level 5

You wrote: "I do not need your f**kig cloud just the software I paid for."

Hum, aside from the fact you are on a User to User forum (as Jim pointed out), you might wanna adjust your attitude just a bit if you want any help/sympathy. Otherwise you're just another crank that we ignore.

• 3. Re: need human contact and REFUND!!
              c66241865 Level 1

Hi... my sincere apology. I do not do forums too much and did not realize that is only user to user. I got some air now. That was not the right way to go. This post was sudden and not thoughtful after many hours of wasting time on computer instead of playing with my kids. Just got little hot headed and opened my mouth little too wide.

It is one of those days when you try to contact some company for something and you get automated phone questions that takes you into the circles and you never get anywhere.

I would appreciate If someone here could point me to some way to actually contact adobe support or if there is some way to get refund?

I would like to be able to try out lr6 but it looks so far I might not be able to and would hate to just get a refund and move along.

After the start I had I actually do not expect much and that is ok.

All I can say again, please accept my apology if possible.

Cheers all.

ps

My first post on this forum and what a great start

• 4. Re: need human contact and REFUND!!
                Victoria Bampton LR Queen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Have you tried these instructions?  Sign out of the CC app (in the CC app preferences) and sign back in. Here are instructions with pictures: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

• 5. Re: need human contact and REFUND!!
                  c66241865 Level 1

Hi. Thanks for reply Victoria.

What you posted could possibly be the problem. Users (like me) are possibly not aware that we needed to log-out out of anything.

Maybe someone could let Adobe know this and possibly fix the set up for users who are not part of creative cloud and have the app automatically log out once installation is over so there are no such issues.

I found about this little too late. When I bought upgrade I was not aware that CC account has been created for me ( I had regular adobe account) and that I was being logged in any creative accounts when installing standalone upgrade.

Install and validation went ok first time. Trying to figure out what the problem was I saw some creative application manager that got installed could not connect so I thought that was the problem (since I thought I purchased standalone version and not cc). There was no way to uninstall creative app manager so I downloaded some app remover from adobe that got it uninstalled. But after that re-install did not work again properly. I found upgrade to creative app manager version 9 (v8 was installed with lr6) and got finally connected but there was no sign out button I could see nor any preferences to enter. Lightroom opened (one and only time) and all was good. Closed it and reopen again and got stuck on that splash screen. Quickly after that I could not open app manager nor LR6 again so I gave up.

A far as it goes now I was glad I had a restore point created before installing lightroom. Now knowing this "sign out" problem there is a very slight chance I might try this one more time but very likely that I will be sticking with lr4 for now.

Thanks again Victoria.

• 6. Re: need human contact and REFUND!!

You shouldn't usually need to do that, but there were a few teething troubles with the new system. 

• 7. Re: need human contact and REFUND!!
                      fredb60763267

Same question from my side:

is there a way to upgrade from LR4 to LR6 without any touch to cloud or CC or something like that?

Thanks for help or contact datas of Adobe in Germany/Europe!

CU
                      Fred

• 8. Re: need human contact and REFUND!!
                        ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes, go to any www.adobe.com page, scroll down to the footer, and click Products.  On the page that comes up click Buy next to LR 6 and choose Upgrade and the prior product of LR 4 to see the upgrade price.

LR 6 will either run as a CC version of you have a CC subscription like the Full Creative Cloud or the Photography Plan that includes LR6 or will ask for a serial-number if you don't have a CC plan. 

• 9. Re: need human contact and REFUND!!

Just to clarify one detail - the CC app may get installed even if you buy a normal perpetual license, because it's used to manage Adobe Applications, but you can uninstall it if it bothers you.

• 10. Re: need human contact and REFUND!!
                            c66241865 Level 1

fredb... you might want to wait and see if they sort this lr6 upgrade download purchase thing. Currently it is not clear to user like me. I am sure more advanced users can sort this out.

ssprengel, that is exactly what I did but as Victoria mentioned CC may (and in my case it does) get installed or activated instead. 

Maybe someone with connection could talk to adobe and have them clearly separate two products on purchase page. That would be the best.

There is not an option (that I could see as I remember) not to sign into CC account when installing. After (or before cant remember... at one point) you enter serial number as well. Once up and running you can not log out and run lightroom 6 as you could have lr4 and others.

But ether way, when you purchase lr6 upgrade from product page no matter what you do (or what wording you use to describe issue or explain how to do it) you have to be on-line signed into cc account in order to use lightroom at all times and that is a no go for users who just simply want to upgrade lr4 to lr6 standalone.

If you sign out lr6 hangs and can not run and you have to use task manager (in windows) to kill it.

To me that is not stand alone but CC (as I understand now) and I could not figure out how to install without CC.

I myself will not need this info anymore but for others ...

If there is a way to do it (install/upgrade) with out CC hassle could someone write detail step by step "how-to install lr6 standalone without signing into CC" for some people that have this issue?

For people that would like to return it (it took me a while to figure this one out ) in your web browser just sign in into your adobe account and find your purchases (can remember exactly where) and click on your order number and on next page below product you purchased click "return". I think you have like 30 or 90 days to return it. Again... cant remember exactly.

anyway, thanks all and if mods could remove that silly ** sentence in first post I made I would highly appreciate it. There is just no need for that on these forums.

Thanks all

• 12. Re: need human contact and REFUND!!
                              fredb60763267 Level 1

Thanks to ssprengel, Victoria and c66...

Meanwhile I found a way to choose upgrade-option while purchasing; after choosing LR6 desktop you have to select "edit product" and then you can select the LR-Version you already own.

Costs approx. 75€.

Cheers

Fred

c6624186

• 13. Re: need human contact and REFUND!!

Djordje Cakovan wrote:

There is not an option (that I could see as I remember) not to sign into CC account when installing. After (or before cant remember... at one point) you enter serial number as well. Once up and running you can not log out and run lightroom 6 as you could have lr4 and others.

It has to remain signed into your Adobe account - that's different from CC, which is just a subscription you might have purchased or not.  You can uninstall the CC app if you want to do so, but you have to stay signed into your account.

You DON'T have to be online.  If you have a perpetual license, you need to be online once to activate.  If you have a CC subscription, you have to be online at least once every 99 days.