1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2015 2:14 AM by Just Shoot Me

lightroom V5.7 and CC

lembasts

I had purchased Lightroom before signing up to the monthly creative cloud where you get Lightroom and Photoshop.

It appears as though my existing Lightroom was not managed by CC as it didnt appear as an app.

I noticed today Lightroom CC but it had the button "Try" next to it. I thought it would have the "Install" button as I'm already paying for it?

Anyway, I installed Lightroom CC and when I double click the icon, nothing happens - the program does not launch.

Is Lightroom CC supposed to upgrade over V5.7? If not, how do I get my catalogue into LR CC and all my settings (assuming I can get it to run)?

When I had previously upgraded the non CC version of lightroom, it automatically found everything.

I'm running WIndows 8.1 btw.

Thanks

David

• 1. Re: lightroom V5.7 and CC
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Look in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom for a files called lightroom.exe then double click on that. If LR still fails to open and then convert your LR 5 catalog to a LR 6 catalog you could try reinstalling LR. You might first need to Uninstall it from the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app.