1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2015 7:15 AM by Mylenium

Recreating these effects?

vexs87825352

http://i.cubeupload.com/MDDKR9.gif

I've been interested in recreating these beads of light and lighting effects in After Effects, curious to as if there's an alternative to it than creating shape layers with Gaussian blur and sloppy movement across the composition.

I was also interested in creating something with transitions like http://boomboomms.zapto.org/images/bewegende-banner-bbms2.gif, but my knowledge in After Effects begins to fail me.

If you have any additional ideas I could use on making an animated banner, please tell!

I'm fairly new to After Effects, but already acquainted with the interface after using Photoshop.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I was also slightly curious about the transparent background in After Effects. When creating a new composition, unlike Photoshop, there's no option for a transparent background. I was told black is essentially transparent after rendering with RGB + Alpha but I'm unsure of how true that is, since I failed doing it myself.

• 1. Re: Recreating these effects?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

EDIT: I was also slightly curious about the transparent background in After Effects. When creating a new composition, unlike Photoshop, there's no option for a transparent background. I was told black is essentially transparent after rendering with RGB + Alpha but I'm unsure of how true that is, since I failed doing it myself.

AE compositions are transparent by default. Enable the transparency grid. The rest is irrelevant. Transparency in image and video files depends on viewing them in respective apps that support the necessary interpretation and blending operations. You can watch a video clip with an Alpha channel a million times in a viewer and of course it will only show the RGB pixels, but it will work its magic when imported back into AE or another video app. The rest is not really relevant. Other than that all of what you are asking is basic AE stuff. Some basic keyframing of parameters here, some simple bubbly particles there.

Mylenium