• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have Lightroom 5.7. My programme keeps on telling me I have an update but when I click the download button it just directs me to the new Lightroom CC page. Where is the supposed update and how do I go about downloading it please?

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@@

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

the latest lr 5 (free) update is 5.7.1:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

lr cc 2015 is a free upgrade for cc subscribers, but must be purchased by perpetual license holders that want the lr 5 to lr cc 2015 upgrade, Products

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on Windows 7.  Plus I see just going to the Lightroom CC page has enrolled me in the 30 day free trial.    I don't want the trial...just the desktop update.   So...How do I discontinue the trial and  what's the link to get the Desktop update the software is notifying me about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is Windows 7 64bit.  I get the impression you cannot get the update unless you upgrade and pay for Lightroom 6 or subscribe to Lightroom CC.  So in fact there is no update to Lightroon 5.7.  Is that correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can perhaps update from 5.7 to 5.7.1. Look here

Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the latest lr 5 (free) update is 5.7.1:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

lr cc 2015 is a free upgrade for cc subscribers, but must be purchased by perpetual license holders that want the lr 5 to lr cc 2015 upgrade, Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answers and links everybody it was what I thought.  So it is decision time.  Do I go onto CC or 6 and pay more or stay on 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe confused me - I didn't realize when CC update that it downloaded and installed yet another version of Lightroom. I now have 2 installed - when I forget to click the right version it pops up with the download a new version - even though it's already installed - not sure if any of you had that same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes the same for me so I have pinned a shortcut to CC on the Taskbar so I don't have the problem now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have the download thank you very much everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines