2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2007 5:36 AM by m gupta

Automatic Contribute 4 Update Causes Problems with Office

Loretta C Level 1
      I have several users that have been using Contribute successfully for a couple years now and were on version 3.0. They received a popup that requested that they update to Version 4.

They did and then everytime they tried to open Word, Excel or another office product it would conflict with Contribute.

Is there a known fix for this? if not how can I prevent the users from receiving the upgrade popup?

• 1. Re: Automatic Contribute 4 Update Causes Problems with Office
          bluestupa Level 1
          boy the support here seems pretty sluggish eh (like very selective and slow). i know nothing, but u could just try disabling the add-ins in office and see if that helps. i am not sure if the add-ins for contribute work at ALL in office anyway; they don't in Office 2007, that's for sure. Disabling the add-ins took care of my problems!
          BS
          • 2. Re: Automatic Contribute 4 Update Causes Problems with Office
            m gupta Level 1
            Hi,

Can you try the following work arounds and provide me feedback:

1. Close all MS Office apps. Go to control panel, Choose contribute
            and click on “Change” button. Try to Repair the contribute installation
            and verify if the same thing happens again.

2. Another alternative could be to Uninstall and re-install Contribute

3. Also as we are trying to reproduce the problem in the test machines, it would be great if you can list us the applications that you are running on your machine and mail me at mangupta@adobe.com

Thanks
            Manoj