4 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2006 8:10 PM by Newsgroup_User

can't resize object

gardanni2
      lately when i am working in fireworks, i cannot resize text objects. i try to click on the object's handles, but the object gets deselected. i have seen something posted on this before, but can't it find it now. i would love some help! i am using firewoks version 6.
        • 1. Re: can't resize object
          Level 7
          gradanni2,

Make sure you don't have that layer locked.

If you are talking about changing the size of the font, you would do
          that in the Properties Panel.

gardanni2 wrote:
          > lately when i am working in fireworks, i cannot resize text objects. i try to
          > click on the object's handles, but the object gets deselected. i have seen
          > something posted on this before, but can't it find it now. i would love some
          > help! i am using firewoks version 6.
          >
          • 2. Re: can't resize object
            senocular Level 1
            Some extensions can cause similar problems. Try closing any custom panel extensions and see if that resolves the issue.

There is also a bug in Fireworks that causes a resize to fail for the first time if you are resizing a selected text element that is currently set to autosize and the text tool is the selected tool. Attempting to resize the text again, however, should allow it to work as expected.
            • 3. Re: can't resize object
              gardanni2 Level 1
              thanks for the replies, but no, neither response addresses the specific problem. i can select and drag the object.... but when i click on the resizing handles, the app acts as if nothing is selected, and i simply end up dragging whatever object is behind it. (if their is no object behind it, i just end up deselecting the object).
              • 4. Re: can't resize object
                Level 7
                can you post the png file so we can take a look?

alex

gardanni2 wrote:
                > thanks for the replies, but no, neither response addresses the specific
                > problem. i can select and drag the object.... but when i click on the resizing
                > handles, the app acts as if nothing is selected, and i simply end up dragging
                > whatever object is behind it. (if their is no object behind it, i just end up
                > deselecting the object).
                >