3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2015 8:29 PM by A.T. Romano

I only installed my pe on my one PC, can I use the second one on a Mac I just purchased ?

Tylercreamer

HI i just bought a new mac and only used one of my premiere elements downloads on my old PC Windows computer, can I use the second download on my Mac ??

• 1. Re: I only installed my pe on my one PC, can I use the second one on a Mac I just purchased ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Tycercrearmer

What Premiere Elements installation files or installation disks do you own?

If you purchased the box packaging of Premiere Elements, you should have an installation disc for Windows and an installation disc for Mac. You use the installation disc to install the program on your mac computer.

If you purchased the program as a download to a Windows computer, then all you have are the installation files for Windows. In that case, you would have to purchase Premiere Elements Mac for your Mac computer.

What version of Premiere Elements is involved in this?

Also be advised, you cannot open Premiere Elements Windows project files in Premiere Elements Mac. And, you cannot open Premiere Elements Mac project files in Premiere Elements Windows.

Please review and consider, and then we can discuss this further if you have questions or need clarification about the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I only installed my pe on my one PC, can I use the second one on a Mac I just purchased ?
            Tylercreamer Level 1

I Bought it off the adone website. So there isn't any way I can get a license swap so I can use the second install on my Mac ? The product was 100$ and I can't use my second download ??

• 3. Re: I only installed my pe on my one PC, can I use the second one on a Mac I just purchased ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Tylercreamer

This is not Adobe here. Rather user to user.

I have never heard of a swab for 1/2 of an Adobe Premiere Elements purchase, referencing back to "purchased serial number on no more than 2 of your computers" so that you essentially divide purchased Windows installation files into 1/2 Windows and 1/2 Mac. I am not seeing other than you having to buy Premiere Elements Mac for the Mac computer.

There is one possibility. But, I do not know what version of Premiere Elements is involved. You have not said. It is this. If you have purchased the Premiere Elements 13 download within the last 30 days from Adobe Store, immediately apply for a return/refund. Then locate an authorized reseller of the product and purchase the box packaging of Premiere Elements 13. That purchase will gain you 2 installation discs, one for Windows and one for Mac.

You can contact Adobe Orders to confirm all this.

Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

Adobe sells only the download.

No harm in contacting Adobe, but history is not working in your favor for what I understand of the situation that you have described.

ATR