• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

integrate a cms like squarespace

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a coldfusion developer for several years now.  I always get people asking me to built a front-end website for them.  Basically, all they want is a brochure type site where they can manage the content, images, etc.  So, I point them to squarespace and they are good to go until they want some database related items.  The requests are relatively simple.  Basically a form that the user submits and a back end admin page to view submissions.  Most cms's including squarespace have tags and ways to do simple functionality.  But, I would like a solution that would allow the users to utilize a cms type site to manage their site, but allow for advanced functionality.  I prefer to utilize coldfusion rather than having to switch to php.  I use hostek as my host and they list joomla, mura, gocontentbox.org, and wordpress as applications that I can install on my customer sites.

A major concern of mine is the fact that a customer may design a page within a cms, then ask for a form within said page that submits and inserts into a database.  My typical client does not use cms's and I can just create the applications for them.  But, more basic clients that have sites buitl on cms's tend to begin asking for more functionality and  I know how to merge the coldfusion functionality into the cms.  I do not want to re-invent the wheel and write a cms for my clients.  I prefer to utilize a good commercial cms and add my coldfusion applications to said cms.

I understand most cms's have built in tags or ways to create functionality, but I need a long term solution.  Requests are simple right now, but I can see a customer wanting to add an inventory management system, or asking for more advanced solutions.

Anyone here do such a thing, or have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?