• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sync files from two different subscriptions in two different CC desktop folders

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I have two CC subscriptions, one for work and one personal. I ran the work subscription in two computers at work and at home (when I need to work from home.) The problem  I find is that there is not two different CC folders for each subscription. When I log out from my work subscription, all my files for that subscription go away. Then when I log in again, they whole syncing process starts all over again. I chose to have two different subscriptions so not to mix my personal work with my work's. Is there a way to have a CC folder on my desktop for each subscription? In this way, when I log out from one account and go to the other the files of the account I just logged out don't get replaced for the files of the account I  just logged in.  Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Hi,

I just want to let you know what you should be seeing when using 2 accounts.

Account one:

1. Log in with Adobe ID for account one

2. Files sync to Creative Cloud files which is located in your home directory on Mac or Windows.

3. Log out of account one, Creative Cloud now displays the log in panel.

Account two:

1. Log in with Adobe ID for account two

2. Files sync to account 2's Creative Cloud files which is located in your home directory on Mac or Windows. (Account one's Creative Cloud Files folder

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I just want to let you know what you should be seeing when using 2 accounts.

Account one:

1. Log in with Adobe ID for account one

2. Files sync to Creative Cloud files which is located in your home directory on Mac or Windows.

3. Log out of account one, Creative Cloud now displays the log in panel.

Account two:

1. Log in with Adobe ID for account two

2. Files sync to account 2's Creative Cloud files which is located in your home directory on Mac or Windows. (Account one's Creative Cloud Files folder is re named)

Thing to check for are:

After you logged in to account two, the Creative Cloud folder for account 1 should now be renamed, can you check this please to make sure it has.

The same is true is you log back in to account one, account two's Creative Cloud folder will be renamed.

The data should not have to fully re-sync ever time you log out of account 1 and then into account 2, however, can you be sure that the data is actually re downloading. ie; you had 5GB of data in account one and when you log into account 1 the whole 5GB of data is re downloading?, could you check this?

The Creative Cloud files panel will display "Syncing" for a short while is you switch accounts, this is normal and means the application is reading data on disk and data on the server checking for changes/added files etc. This is not re-downloading all of your data, it is simply checking.

You are able to move the Creative Cloud files folder to any location on your local hard drive via the Creative Cloud prefs.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines