1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 1:04 AM by jeroend

lightroom 6 pano, unable to merge the photo's, please cancel and review your selection

jeroend

Hi,

I am try to recreate a pano using Lightroom 6 and get the message : unable to merge the photo's, please cancel and review your selection.

The photo's in itself should be fit, shot and created the pano last year using LR5/Hugin without a problem.

Converted the photo's from NEF to DNG, same issue.

The pano consists of 11 shots, 2 rows, photo 1 and 2 merge, photo 2 and 3 do not, though their relation is obvious.

I tried to create partial pano's of the photo's that do merge and then merge the sub pano's in a total pano: unable to merge the photo's, please cancel and review your selection

Is there a way to do a sanity check on the NEF/DNG files?

Are there any 'rules' to keep in mind shooting pano's in relation to LR6? Max file size, max no of photo's etc?

Can the error message be more detailed? Since it does not represent the issue.

Thanks and regards,

Jeroen

• 1. Re: lightroom 6 pano, unable to merge the photo's, please cancel and review your selection
          jeroend Level 1

Update with workaround.

I checked the exif data of the original NEF files and found that not all photo's had the same focal length, and focal length at 35 mm.

Variation of 1 mm, 24/36 and 25/37. I shot the pano with a D7000 18-105 with a tripod and apparently the combination has difficulty determining the focal length.

The variation was distributed unevenly over the shots. Explaining why some of the photo's would merge and some not.

Workaround:

I stripped all exif data from the DNG files using Analogexif.

Deleted the DNG's from the catalogue.

Reimported the DNG files in lightroom

Merged the pano without any problems

It appears that lightroom makes a first analysis on the exif data to determine if a pano can be created before sticking, when the info lacks it just starts sticking.