7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2007 12:03 PM by jlm23

ColdFusion / Flex Application Wizard Problem

jlm23
      I can't get this to work.

On the last page if I do a new project location I get:

The project could no be created. Please check the webroot folder (it may overlap with an existing project).

If I try to use an existing project it looks like it does a little, but doesn't complete and stays in the last screen of the wizard.

• 1. Re: ColdFusion / Flex Application Wizard Problem
          jlm23 Level 1
          I just found this in an error log.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2007-01-11 16:38:43.93
          !MESSAGE com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.IFlexProject.getProjectName()Ljava/lang/String;
          !STACK 0
          java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.IFlexProject.getProjectName()Ljava/lang/String;
          at com.adobe.coldfusion.wizards.superwizard.SuperWizard.doSaveSettings(Unknown Source)
          at com.adobe.coldfusion.wizards.superwizard.SuperWizard.performFinish(Unknown Source)
          at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:676)
          at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:349)
          at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:556)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3125)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2758)
          at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:809)
          at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:787)
          at org.eclipse.ui.actions.NewWizardAction.run(NewWizardAction.java:181)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:996)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionI tem.java:538)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java :400)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3125)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2758)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
          at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
          at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlexBuilderApplication.run(FlexBuilderApplication.java:1 03)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
          at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
          at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
          at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)
          • 2. Re: ColdFusion / Flex Application Wizard Problem
            jlm23 Level 1
            I should also mention that I am now using Builder 2.0.1. The CF tools and RDS views seem to have vanished with the update. I reinstalled the RDS plug-in and the tools showed up.

• 3. Re: ColdFusion / Flex Application Wizard Problem
              jgram
              I'm experiencing the same exact problem after upgrading to FB 2.01. Have you resolved it?

Flex Team, please advise!!
              • 4. Re: ColdFusion / Flex Application Wizard Problem
                jlm23 Level 1
                I have not resolved the issue. I have been working strictly on the client side for a while so this hasn't mattered yet. I am tempted to uninstall everything Flex and install 2..0.1 from scratch.

It seems that the CSS editor got fried too. The panel to control code completion and other stuff is missing. As is the CSS editor colors the code nicely, but doesn't help with coding at all.
                • 5. Re: ColdFusion / Flex Application Wizard Problem
                  jbroughton
                  I am getting the same issue. The wizard seems to be really messed up with the latest update and im not seeing anything from the Adobe team on this one.
                  • 6. Re: ColdFusion / Flex Application Wizard Problem
                    jgram Level 1
                    I was able to cure the wizard problem (after update to FB 2.01) by uninstalling the CF extensions and re-installing them. To uninstall/re-install them, just follow the instructions, typically found here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 2\ColdFusion Extensions for Flex Builder\Installing the ColdFusion Extensions for Flex Builder 2.htm

Everything worked fine afterwards.

Jim
                    • 7. Re: ColdFusion / Flex Application Wizard Problem
                      jlm23 Level 1
                      I resolved this buy uninstalling a FlexBuilder 2.0.1 that was a result of the update and installing a complete version that was 2.0.1 in the first place.