• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Reader add-on is not available

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the Adobe PDF Reader add-on to show up in any browser.  In viewing Add-ons, it's not under any of the options ("run without prompting", "all", etc.)  I've uninstalled Adobe Acrobat, re-installed, etc. without any success.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dracy,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused. Lets try to resolve your issue.

Let me know the version of Adobe Reader/Acrobat, web browser & operating system installed on your computer in order to diagnose the issue correctly?

You can also refer to this KB doc. for the troubleshooting steps : Configure browser to use the Adobe PDF plug-in

*Note : The Adobe Reader plugin will not be supported in Chrome. The Chromium team has decided to remove support for NPAPI plugins like Adobe Reader. Here's a blog post that describes their decision - Chromium Blog: The Final Countdown for NPAPI

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Aadesh.  The user has a Windows 7 machine, Acrobat X Standard 10.0.0 (since I just reinstalled fresh) and IE 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the below steps to Enable the Adobe plug-ins on Internet explorer 9.

1) Repairing the installation is a quick troubleshooting safeguard.

(Reader/Acrobat) Choose Help > Repair Installation.

Once done, restart your system.

hello5.jpg

2) Now open Internet Explorer & click on the 'Gear' icon at the top right corner & select 'Manage add-ons' from the drop-down or Click on the 'Internet Options'. Please refer to the Screenshots below.

hello4.jpg

3) Now in Manage add-ons window of your Internet Explorer please right click on the Adobe Reader/Acrobat plugins & make sure they are Enabled.

hello3.jpg

4) Restart you browser

Let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing in "Manage Add-Ons" under Adobe is "Shockwave Flash Object".  That's the problem.  I can't seem to get the Adobe PDF Reader to display as an Add-On.  How do I get that?  Repair didn't work, uninstall & reinstall didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Darcy,

Please check for different options under 'Show', you will be able to find Adobe PDF Reader plug-in. Please refer to the Screenshot.

hello7.jpg

Once you are able to find the Adobe PDF reader plug-in, right click on it to Enable it.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked under all those options.  It honestly does not show up anywhere.  That's the problem I'm having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Darcy,

Please try to uninstall Adobe Reader using this cleaning tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Restart your computer & download Adobe reader using this link Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really want Adobe Acrobat Standard X on the machine.  I don't need to install Adobe Reader, do I? After the clean, I can install Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darcy,

Sure you can install Acrobat X Standard on your computer.

Please follow this link to download Acrobat X standard Download Acrobat products | Standard, Pro | DC, XI, X

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completed all of those steps, and the Adobe PDF Reader is still not in any of the lists of add-ons.  I went through every drop-down under "Manage Add-ons".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have an issue with Windows 8 and Acrobat/Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

have you figured this out..?  If not, what version of IE 9 are you using?  Meaning, 32 or 64 bit.  Adobe PDF Reader is only available in 32 bit of IE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines