4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2015 7:28 PM by mjbart

Lightroom CC and Lightroom 5.7

mjbart

I had LIghtroom 5-64 bit loaded and subscribed to Lightroom CC.  Both are on my PC.  It seems to toggle between, which one will open when a CF card is inserted.  Is CC considered 64 bit?  What should I do?  Will Lightroom 5 continue to be supported?  I get a note when I click on updates for Lightroom 5 to update, but it always goes to the CC version when I try to download.

The versions seem to be schizophrenic.

Thank you,

Mike

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC and Lightroom 5.7
          Joshua Cohen Level 3

If you have LR CC then there's no reason to keep LR 5.7 around unless you have a specific need to do so.

Both are 64-bit by the way.

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC and Lightroom 5.7
            mjbart Level 1

Are there any functional differences between LR 5 and LR CC?

How can I keep it from starting up  when I insert a CF or SD Card?  I hate to delete, but would like to keep it around.

Thank you,

Mike

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC and Lightroom 5.7
              Joshua Cohen Level 3

You should be able to keep both. How to prevent LR from starting when you insert a card depend on your operating system. On the Mac you need to launch Apple's Image Capture application when the card is inserted. On the lower left is a little drop down. Choose "do nothing". Unfortunately you have to do this for each card. I don't think there's a global setting. Worse, since I've updated to 10.10.3 every time I reformat a card Image Capture thinks it's a new card. Still working on a fix for that. If you have Windows I don't know how to do it but I'm sure a quick google will get you the answer.

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC and Lightroom 5.7
                mjbart Level 1

In LR there is a dialog box to check, which say something to the effect of open when card recognize.  I unchecked it on LR 5, but not on LRCC.  I will see what happens.

Thank you for all your help and support.  I very much appreciated it.

Take care,

Mike