• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivating and reactivating? Adobe photoshop elements 12 for new computer

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering buying a new computer, therefore upgrading from windows 7 to window 8.1 and thense to windows 10 when it is released.

I have read that I need to deactivate and reactivate? my Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 once I get my new computer because I can only have one on a computer at one time.

I am however, unsure how to do this.I am also unsure how I would go about getting my Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 onto my new computer, daft as that might sound, especially as I will be using windows 8, which I don't have as much knowledge of using as 7.

I would be greatful for any help. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

thank you for the feedback on the pse 12 link.  that's corrected below.  for pse, download both the exe and 7z files put both in the same directory and double click the exe

Downloadable installation files available:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can have activated adobe single-user licensed products on up to two computers at any one time.

to activate on a 3rd computer you need to deactivate (open the adobe program>click help>click deactivate) on one of the other two first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I wouldn't need this program on my old (curretn) computer any longer, so how would I get it onto my new windows 8 one?

Would I have to download it onto the new one first and then deactivate it on the old one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't matter when you deactivate and then uninstall because it's only on one computer now.

to install on your new computer, download the installation files (if you don't have them) and activate using your serial number.

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what the files are supposed to look like, are they an exe? Do I copy them across?

Anyhow if not, the link to Photoshop elements 12 just takes me to a 13 download, and I can only see a link elsware for 13 too. How do I do that then if it's only giving a download for 13. I don't want to pay and upgrade.

I'd like to stick with 12 thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the feedback on the pse 12 link.  that's corrected below.  for pse, download both the exe and 7z files put both in the same directory and double click the exe

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, this link now takes me to a table and near the bottom it has a 1 of 1 link next to the Engish etc. However there is no link for adobe photoshop elements 12 in the windows section of the table. Will I have to click this anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see links for two files for windows (and 1 link for mac):

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do I. Apologies. So I can download both of these to my 'downloads' folder for example - on my new computer? Then it will ask me for my code ect and then download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would recommend moving both files to their own folder.  you could make a subfolder of your downloads folder (eg, named pse12 installation).

then double click the exe.  you'll be prompted for your serial number and be given an option or two for installation location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank god this post is still active 2 years later. This is the only set of directions .......and there were 2-3 others....that worked. My PShop disappeared when Windows 10 infected my computer.  When I replaced it w/my older version ....windows 8.1....some of my programs did not come back.  No other post got me to the point of adding my original serial number/license....all they did was let me load a trial program that I was never able to convert with my original license.  Now PS12 up and operating again!   Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines