5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2015 10:16 AM by ckirk215

Lightroom 6 quits unexpectedly.  Has this happened to anyone else?

ckirk215

Every time I try to edit images in the Develop module, the spinning wheel of death appears and Lightroom quits unexpectedly.  It makes trying to edit weddings extremely frustrating because it happens at different times while in the develop module.  Im hoping this is just a little glitch and can be ironed out in an update.  Has anyone else experienced this same issue and can other some insight?

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 quits unexpectedly.  Has this happened to anyone else?
          kwschnautz

Am I to understand that every time you open 'Develop' workflow, it crashes?

This probably doesn't help you... I started using LR cc yesterday and it crashed on me several times, usually when exporting to Smugmug. Never in the 'Develop' workflow, though.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6 quits unexpectedly.  Has this happened to anyone else?
            ckirk215 Level 1

yes, it sometimes is ok for a while, but ever now and then it will freeze up and the spinning wheel of death shows up.  Once that happens it just stops running and quits out of lightroom.

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6 quits unexpectedly.  Has this happened to anyone else?
              SChristineSay

YES! the new lightroom cc quits on me in the middle of work as well. I am very new to woking in lr, but I know it's not user error, for me it seems to happen when I have a number of images up at once.  A few days ago I had no trouble when working on a single image.

• 4. Re: Lightroom 6 quits unexpectedly.  Has this happened to anyone else?
                emile.gregoire Level 1

Yep, that's happening to me too. I'm on a 2010 Macbook Pro and its Geforce GT 330M officially meets the minimum standards but manages to make Lightroom go down each and every time I go forward or backwards a few images in the Develop module. My workaround has been disabling GPU support. I can now process this weekends wedding without a hitch (and I obviously have LR 5.7 as a backup option as well, but haven't needed it so far).

• 5. Re: Lightroom 6 quits unexpectedly.  Has this happened to anyone else?
                  ckirk215 Level 1

I have hopefully just found an answer to our problem.  While searching other threads, I received an answer from user pascalvangerven.  It goes as follows:

"Finally... after four evenings of trial and error, I have found the solution: It seems to have something to do with the writing rights of the folder Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe. For reasons that are completely beyond me, this folder was set to "read only" for staff/admin, which apparently is a problem for LR6 to get launched (with the above laundry list as a result). By selecting Get Info and changing these rights to "read & write" the problem seems to be solved. I have no idea who caused this devilish spell -- Adobe, Apple, or both -- but I'm convinced that this should never have happened. "

Essentially you want to go to that folder, right click, and at the very bottom it should show the sharing options.  I made sure all the options were set to "read & write".  I hope this helps everyone!  Please let me know the outcome.