2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2015 8:34 PM by R_Kelly

Reading .CS2 files from Canon EOS 40D to Photoshop.CS Ver. 8.0

StudioPatrice

I have take pictures of a painting with a Canon EOS 40D for future printing onto canvas for resale.

I have Photoshop.CS version 8.0 which is not able to read the .cs2 files ("Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document")

I downloaded Camera_RAW_3.7.zip (Camera Raw.8bi - Jan. 30,2007) from Adobe and put it in the c:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\File Formats directory

I tried accessing the .cs2  files with the same results. (Note: there was also an old Camera Raw.8BI (Oct. 13,2003) file in the c:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\File Formats directory which I removed to another directory)

I then downloaded, installed an Adobe DNG Converer 9.0 and converted the images files from .cs2 to .dns.

I tried accessing the .dns files with Photoshop.CS version 8 with no success: ("Could not complete your request because this version of Photoshop does not supply the services required by this plug-in module")

Any other ideas?

We need to prepare this image soon with Photoshop.CS to have it printed on canvas for sale to a customer.

Thanks