• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Related Topics issue

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2007 Jan 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with my Related Topics controls. They are set up to display as menus, and they display as menus when I preview - however, when I compile, they display as dialogs.

The code to display the controls contains this line:
<PARAM NAME="Command" VALUE="Related Topics,MENU">

In other threads, I've seen reference to <param name="DialogDisplay" value="1"> in the green code, but I suspect that that is only relevant to See also controls. I can't find an obvious equivalent for Related topics controls.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2007 Feb 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all we'd like to say hello to everyone, cause this is our first post in the forum. I must say that the existing threads were of great help to us over the past few months when we changed our huge (and huge means several thousand topics) WinHelp project to HTML. Thanks!

This may not help much, but we're having exactly the same problem. We've inserted Related Topic controls and they are set up to display as popup menus, but they keep displaying as dialos after compilation. The code is the same as what Aidanwel descirbes. It can't be the number of links (there are 5 or 6), and I've removed any characters such as colons from the link titles and shortened those too just to make sure.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2007 Feb 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all and welcome to the community TWSisters

In case it will help here, I just inserted two different RelatedTopics controls. One configured to use the popup and the other configured to use the dialog. Perhaps you can compare my code to yours to ascertain any differences.

Popup
=================================================
<!--Metadata type="DesignerControl" startspan
<object CLASSID="clsid:FF80F713-5DC6-11d0-A7B4-00AADC53E937"
ID=RelatedTopics
BORDER=0
style="margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
margin-left: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
vertical-align: baseline;"
align=bottom>
<param name="_Version" value="65536" >
<param name="_ExtentX" value="2117" >
<param name="_ExtentY" value="556" >
<param name="_StockProps" value="13" >
<param name="ForeColor" value="0" >
<param name="BackColor" value="14215660" >
<param name="UseButton" value="-1" >
<param name="UseText" value="0" >
<param name="ControlLabel" value="Related Topics" >
<param name="UseIcon" value="0" >
<param name="Items" value="Add a Loading Screen;..\Unit10\Add_a_Loading_Screen.htm$$**$$Add a Slide Label;..\Unit7\Add_a_Slide_Label.htm$$**$$" >
<param name="Image" value="" >
<param name="FontInfo" value="MS Sans Serif,8,0,," >
<param name="_CURRENTFILEPATH" value="C:\Rick\Captivate2Instructor\Unit14\Publish_a_Zipped_Flash_Project.htm" >
<param name="_ID" value="RelatedTopics" >
<param name="UseMenu" value="-1" >
<param name="Frame" value="" >
<param name="Window" value="" >
</object>-->
<OBJECT
CLASSID="clsid:ADB880A6-D8FF-11CF-9377-00AA003B7A11"
ID="RelatedTopics" TYPE="application/x-oleobject" >
<PARAM NAME="Command" VALUE="Related Topics,MENU">
<PARAM NAME="Button" VALUE="Text:Related Topics">
<PARAM NAME="Font" VALUE="MS Sans Serif,8,0,,">
<PARAM NAME="Item1" VALUE="Add a Loading Screen;..\Unit10\Add_a_Loading_Screen.htm">
<PARAM NAME="Item2" VALUE="Add a Slide Label;..\Unit7\Add_a_Slide_Label.htm">
</OBJECT>

Dialog
=================================================
<object CLASSID="clsid:FF80F713-5DC6-11d0-A7B4-00AADC53E937"
BORDER=0
id=OBJECT1
style="margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
margin-left: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
vertical-align: baseline;"
align=bottom>
<param name="_Version" value="65536" >
<param name="_ExtentX" value="2117" >
<param name="_ExtentY" value="556" >
<param name="_StockProps" value="13" >
<param name="ForeColor" value="0" >
<param name="BackColor" value="14215660" >
<param name="UseButton" value="-1" >
<param name="UseText" value="0" >
<param name="ControlLabel" value="Related Topics" >
<param name="UseIcon" value="0" >
<param name="Items" value="Add a Slide Note;..\Unit7\Add_a_Slide_Note.htm$$**$$Add a Sound Effect to an Object;..\Unit7\Add_a_Sound_Effect_to_an_Object.htm$$**$$" >
<param name="Image" value="" >
<param name="FontInfo" value="MS Sans Serif,8,0,," >
<param name="_CURRENTFILEPATH" value="C:\Rick\Captivate2Instructor\Unit14\Publish_a_Zipped_Flash_Project.htm" >
<param name="_ID" value="OBJECT1" >
<param name="UseMenu" value="0" >
<param name="Frame" value="" >
<param name="Window" value="" >
</object>-->
<OBJECT
CLASSID="clsid:ADB880A6-D8FF-11CF-9377-00AA003B7A11"
ID="OBJECT1" TYPE="application/x-oleobject" >
<PARAM NAME="Command" VALUE="Related Topics">
<PARAM NAME="Button" VALUE="Text:Related Topics">
<PARAM NAME="Font" VALUE="MS Sans Serif,8,0,,">
<PARAM NAME="Item1" VALUE="Add a Slide Note;..\Unit7\Add_a_Slide_Note.htm">
<PARAM NAME="Item2" VALUE="Add a Sound Effect to an Object;..\Unit7\Add_a_Sound_Effect_to_an_Object.htm">
</OBJECT>

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2007 Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick.
Well this is interesting. I can't see any differences, and you know what? I copied my bit of code to a new HTML file and open it with IE6, and I get a popup menu! I then copied your code into my topic and when I compiled the project, your related topics button gives me a topics dialog too.

So it can't be the code. It must be something that happens during compilation or has to do with the primary layout. Are there any settings in RH that I don't know of that relate to Related topics buttons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Changing the language setting of your .chm file to US English should fix this. Or you should ensure that the language setting of the .chm file precisely matches that of the machine on which you're compiling the file, for the reasons outlined at the very end of this page:

http://helpware.net/htmlhelp/hh_info.htm

As I understand it, you can't set the language of a .chm file from within RoboHTML. Instead, you must open the project (.hhp) file in Notepad or HTML Help Workshop and add a line like this to the [OPTIONS] section:

Language=0x409 English (United States)

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch, Pete!

I'd long forgotten about that one. Thanks for the assist.

Cheers! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2007 Feb 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pete! This is it. It's the language settings. However, it looks like it is not the machine on which you are compiling that counts, but the machine used to view the HTML Help.

We had already included the line in the HHP for US English when we had trouble with the window captions (and found Pete's post in the thread about window captions).
I can compile a project on my machine, which has a German OS, and I get a topics found dialog, but if my collegue opens the same CHM on her PC, she sees popup menus. On the other hand, if you change the settings in the HHP to match your OS language settings, everything is fine.

The problem is that you never know what sort of regional settings your users may have! I guess many help authors don't realize the problem when they're working with an English project on an English OS, for example, but users might have a different language setting and not be able to see the popup menus, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2007 Feb 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new here too, just changing from WinHelp to Html Help.
I have the same problem. My OS (and that of our clients) is Dutch.
Does anyone know where I find what Language= param I should use?
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2007 Feb 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Sugit',
here is a page that lists the language codes:
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/winxp/xp-lcid.mspx

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp