0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2015 5:31 AM by Henrik Nerr

LR CC, LR6: How To Set Filter Brushes Reliably to ADD ?

Henrik Nerr Level 1

Hi, in the new Lightroom versions, the new filter brush can ADD to or SUBTRACT from the area affected by graduated filter or radial filter.

But i am not sure how to *reliably* set a brush to ADD or to SUBTRACT. I had assumed:

- brush "Erase" does subtract (minus sign within cursor)

- brushes "A" and "B" do add (plus sign within cursor); if you press Alt, brushes switch temporarily to "Erase" brush

But i had at least one instance where brushes A and B only *subtracted* and there was no way to get them back to *adding* (except by restarting LR with a different language).

Do you know if there is way to *permanently* set brushes A and B to ADD? Or at least: How to bring brushes A and B back to ADD when for some reason they are fixated on SUBTRACT?

In Photoshop's raw dialog, the same task is very easy – there are two brushes, one with a plus sign and one with a minus sign, and they always work as expected.

I searched a lot of sites, but none answers my above question.

---snip---

As we are here already, i have another question regarding the mask overlay for gradual filter etc.: Initially, the mask overlay is red. In Lightroom, I can switch to other colors with Shift-O.

Can i also

- change opacity of mask overlay

- invert mask overlay appearance, so that non-selected areas are overlaid?

It's possible in Photoshop's ACR, but perhaps not in LR?

Thanks!