Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back button causing items in Cart to Disappear

Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BC Community,

Need some help with something.  A few of my client ecommerce sites are having some major issues at the large product/cart level.  Customers are adding something to the cart (which works fine), but then they hit the back button to continue shopping and the items in the cart disappear.  Now, I know that if they were to refresh their browser, that the items would appear again, but we can't really say that in big bold letters on every page of the site.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need to do here?  I suppose I could add a "Continue Shopping" button, using the Javascript.history function, but I'm pretty sure this will cause the same issue. Items missing from the Cart seems to happen more on IE then any other browser.

Definitely frustrating.  BTW - i only have one Cart tag on the page.

Thanks,

Aaron

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an issue the community has already raised to BC, BC support tickets.

Nothing really from them about a fix yet but BC know about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, ok, thanks Liam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A3_Aaron I too, had the same issue with the back button and the items in the shopping cart disappearing when the visitor was using IE. BC support enabled the new Admin Editor and Liquid Mark up - and now the products remain in the shopping cart when the visitor hits the back button and returns to the cart - even when the visitor is using IE. Hopefully this can help with your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues happen in both old and new rendering engine. Like I said BC are aware of it... HOPEFULLY a fix is fourthcoming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone know if there's a fix for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines