7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2015 4:51 AM by bitm07

Lightoom CC on two computers

bitm07 Level 1

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1225495?sr=inbox

Staff member, Kartikay_Sharma stated in the thread above, that "A single Creative Cloud membership can only be installed on to two machines only and you are also able to use both of them at the same time . Thats a special exception that we have provided to our Creative Cloud customers".

Is this correct ?.  I was not aware that there is a special exception, that allows both installations of a single Creative Cloud membership to be used at the same time. It would be great if I could perform time consuming takes like Lightroom 6's Photo Merge Panorama or printing on one machine, whilst using Lightroom 6  to develope images on the other.

• 1. Re: Lightoom CC on two computers
          andrewfreeman Level 3

I can't answer your question specifically, other than suggest trying it, but what I do know is that you can actually carry on working on other images whilst the pano is being stitched. It's only when you are waiting for the preview to appear prior to stitching that you can't.

• 2. Re: Lightoom CC on two computers
            thedigitaldog MVP & Adobe Community Professional

My understanding is you can only use two activated copies at the same time. However, you can install the product on as many machines as you wish as long as you only have two activated. So if you have LR  installed on machine A, B and C, you can only have A and B activated. If you wanted to run on machine C, you would log out of either machine A or B, then activate on machine C. That's how Photoshop and other Adobe products have been handled since activation started.

• 3. Re: Lightoom CC on two computers
              bitm07 Level 1

thedigitaldog wrote:

My understanding is you can only use two activated copies at the same time.

I hope that's the case, does anybody regularly use both of their activated copies of CC products at the same time.  If so, has there been any repercussion from Adobe ?.

It would be great if a staff member could clarify their original statement "A single Creative Cloud membership can only be installed on to two machines only and you are also able to use both of them at the same time . Thats a special exception that we have provided to our Creative Cloud customers". 

Working on other images whilst the pano is being stitched, isn't the ideal solution . It's still going to be running in the background, which is going effect the performance of the PC, when preforming other tasks.

• 4. Re: Lightoom CC on two computers
                Victoria Bampton LR Queen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Andrew Rodney wrote:

If you wanted to run on machine C, you would log out of either machine A or B, then activate on machine C.

Or when you try to activate on machine C, it asks you to deactivate the other machines by pressing a single button right there on machine C. It's about as easy as it gets.

• 5. Re: Lightoom CC on two computers
                  Victoria Bampton LR Queen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

ANDREW RAY wrote:

I hope that's the case, does anybody regularly use both of their activated copies of CC products at the same time.  If so, has there been any repercussion from Adobe ?.

Yes that's fine, they've really relaxed the rules on that.

• 6. Re: Lightoom CC on two computers
                    ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Keep in mind that while you may be running two copies of LR on two different machines, at no time are you ever sharing catalogs.

In LR6, panos and other long-running tasks are handed off into the background so that you can be doing other things while waiting.

• 7. Re: Lightoom CC on two computers
                      bitm07 Level 1

ManiacJoe wrote:

Keep in mind that while you may be running two copies of LR on two different machines, at no time are you ever sharing catalogs.

True.  In the past i've used one PC for developing images, and the other for printing etc.  Now that i'm processing HDR images on the second,  i'll have an HDR catalogue on one machine, and my main catelogue on the other.