2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2006 6:18 PM by Newsgroup_User

Resizing while zoomed in

Saucey
      Hi, I'm a Fireworks Noob... I'm a Photoshop user giving Fireworks a go.

While zoomed in I'm trying to resize an object, for precise alignment. But I'm only able to Move the object . It seems the only way to resize (in one direction) is to be at the middle point of the object.

Am I missing an additional key that needs to be pressed which allows for resizing instead of movement at locations on the object that Aren't the middle? I really can't believe that Fireworks would have this limitation.

And no, I don't want to make guides, turn on Snap to Guides and zoom out. It doesn't seem to be all that accurate sometimes.

Thanks for any help.
        • 1. Re: Resizing while zoomed in
          Level 7
          Actually guides can be place with pixel perfect accuracy. Once you pull
          one out on to the screen, double click on it. A Move Guide window pops
          up and you can type in the value you want. (Fireworks8)

Saucey wrote:
          > Hi, I'm a Fireworks Noob... I'm a Photoshop user giving Fireworks a go.
          >
          > While zoomed in I'm trying to resize an object, for precise alignment. But
          > I'm only able to Move the object . It seems the only way to resize (in one
          > direction) is to be at the middle point of the object.
          >
          > Am I missing an additional key that needs to be pressed which allows for
          > resizing instead of movement at locations on the object that Aren't the middle?
          > I really can't believe that Fireworks would have this limitation.
          >
          > And no, I don't want to make guides, turn on Snap to Guides and zoom out. It
          > doesn't seem to be all that accurate sometimes.
          >
          > Thanks for any help.
          >
          • 2. Re: Resizing while zoomed in
            Level 7
            You could go through the menus: MODIFY>TRANSFORM>NUMERIC TRANSFORM.
            Choose resize and uncheck constrain Proportions.

You can also change the size right n the Property Inspector, as well as
            x/y coordinates.

HTH

--
            Jim Babbage - .:CMX:. & .:ACE:.

Community MX
            Extending Knowledge, Daily
            http://www.communityMX.com/
            ---
            .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
            news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
            news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver

Saucey wrote:
            > Hi, I'm a Fireworks Noob... I'm a Photoshop user giving Fireworks a go.
            >
            > While zoomed in I'm trying to resize an object, for precise alignment. But
            > I'm only able to Move the object . It seems the only way to resize (in one
            > direction) is to be at the middle point of the object.
            >
            > Am I missing an additional key that needs to be pressed which allows for
            > resizing instead of movement at locations on the object that Aren't the middle?
            > I really can't believe that Fireworks would have this limitation.
            >
            > And no, I don't want to make guides, turn on Snap to Guides and zoom out. It
            > doesn't seem to be all that accurate sometimes.
            >
            > Thanks for any help.
            >