1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 1:21 AM by Olfar

Table text and column alignments

krair

I am creating a price list, in which the data to fill the table is being pulled from an excel file. Here is a current example of what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 5.06.59 PM.png

The readability is not great, so I would like to align at least the first 4 columns to their left edges, but keep the overall centered spacing to looks something like this:

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 5.16.34 PM.png

The only way I can create this effect is to add a custom left or right indent to each column. This presents a problem for me because I am trying to use a single paragraph style for each excel table I am pulling in (probably 100 or so with differing column widths). Therefore, individually formatting each column for 100 tables is far too time-consuming, not to mention the data within the tables is changing frequently and I am trying to turn around updates quickly.

I understand the challenge is that cells with only 5 characters have to take on characteristics of a cell with 15 characters. This feels like a long shot, but I figured I should ask before formatting 500 columns and having to re-check them anytime there is an update to the excel file. I have dug around and searched high and low, but it doesn't seem like anyone has tried (or solved) this type of formatting on a large scale. Thanks in advance for any input!

And for the record I cannot change the information that is displayed per the client's request.