4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 12:14 PM by goodnewsjim

Cirrus on mobile quick question

goodnewsjim

hello,

I have cirrus working properly on the desktop.

I have cirrus working properly on a mobile emulator in debug mode.

But when I put it on an Android device, it won't communicate out.

Is there a certain permission I need to set?

I have:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>

Are there other permissions I need set?   Or is there something completely different why Cirrus won't work on mobile devices for me?

• 1. Re: Cirrus on mobile quick question
          goodnewsjim Level 1

I want to add: My app is completely programmed and debugged on desktop.

It will run in Android, but the communication via cirrus does nothing,

This is for a volunteer project I did probono.   I was not expecting the P2P to simply not work on Android.

I feel like I let them down

Any tips I could look at to try and get it working would be helpful.

Someone please help.

• 2. Re: Cirrus on mobile quick question
            goodnewsjim Level 1

Could it because of this line:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.1">

Is my air version too low for Cirrus?

I downloaded AIR and installed it the right way so I have version 17.0.0.144 on FlashBuilder

But if I do:

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/17.0.0.144">

I get this:

Process terminated without establishing connection to debugger.

invalid application descriptor: Unknown namespace: http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/17.0.0.144

Launch command details:  "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\sdks\4.6.0\bin\adl.exe" -runtime "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\sdks\4.6.0\runtimes\air\win" -profile mobileDevice -screensize 480x762:480x800 -XscreenDPI 252 -XversionPlatform AND "C:\Users\l\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\CSemt\bin-debug\CSemt-app.xml" "C:\Users\l\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\CSemt\bin-debug"

• 3. Re: Cirrus on mobile quick question
              Michael Thornburgh Adobe Employee

i don't have any experience developing on Android with AIR (and very little experience with AIR in general), so i don't know if you need special permissions.

when running natively on Android, are you connecting to the Cirrus server but P2P doesn't work, or are you not even getting the connection to Cirrus?

if you're able to connect to Cirrus but P2P isn't working, it's possible that the "report local addresses" functionality isn't implemented in AIR on Android, which might cause some P2P connections to not work (specifically, connections between two devices behind the same NAT and where that NAT doesn't support hairpinning). 

if you're not connecting to Cirrus at all, then that seems like probably a permission problem.  i know that several AIR apps use Cirrus successfully; hopefully another community member can chime in with the missing piece.

• 4. Re: Cirrus on mobile quick question
                goodnewsjim Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

I'll post my entire project in another thread.   Maybe someone can eye it up better.

Here is a thread about my project:

Can someone take a look at my project? Just a Chat room