9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2015 10:43 AM by A.T. Romano

Exit error after upgrade to Premiere Elements 13.1

raimonm

Since upgrading to version 13.1 I get the message "Adobe Premiere Elements 13 has stopped working" when I exit the program. This was not happening in Premiere Elements 13 prior to the upgrade. Any ideas?E

• 1. Re: Exit error after upgrade to Premiere Elements 13.1
          A.T. Romano Level 7

raimonm

What computer operating system is involved?

How long did you work with Premiere Elements 13 before you did the update to 13.1?  Did you do the update with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

At this time, does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

As a first pass at this, let us try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

If Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

If on Mac, I believe the path to the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file is

Users

Libraries

Application Support

Adobe

Premiere Elements

We will be watching for your results. Uninstall/free ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled may be our next step to get back to 13.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Exit error after upgrade to Premiere Elements 13.1
            raimonm Level 1

Hi A.T.,

It's Windows 7 Ultimate. If I uninstall and reinstall version 13 (including deleting the prefs folder), I don't get the error upon exit. As soon as I run the update from the Help menu within Premiere Elements, when I exit the program I get the stopped working message.  I've done all this with the Norton firewall and anti-virus disabled. This is not a huge deal because I seem to be able to work on videos and save them without crashing. I just hate spurious errors on my machine. No other errors using Lightroom or Photoshop CC.

System.png

Thanks,

Mike

• 3. Re: Exit error after upgrade to Premiere Elements 13.1
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Thanks for the reply.

A Premiere Elements 13 user with the ID Bill of Burbank was the only report that I remember concerning the 13.1 Update creating problems for a previously working 13. The following is an account of 13.1 and some of the things it is supposed to be doing

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: Adobe Releases Premiere Elements 13.1 Update

From Bill of Burbank's latest report, he got Premiere Elements 13 installed successfully. I am not sure if he attempted to install 13.1 again since it created problems for him when he did that. Now he has just purchased a new computer. It will be interesting to learn if he has the same 13 to 13.1 problems with it as he did with the computer he is replacing.

If he does not join in this thread, I will send him a private message to ask him to look in on your thread to update us on his Premiere Elements 13 to 13.1 situation.

ATR

• 4. Re: Exit error after upgrade to Premiere Elements 13.1
                raimonm Level 1

Thank you A.T. I took a look at the 13.1 release notes and I can probably live without most of the feature upgrades (although the sample font display would be nice) so I will probably downgrade to get rid of the error, and wait to try the next release. If Bill comes up with any answers that would be great.

• 5. Re: Exit error after upgrade to Premiere Elements 13.1
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

raimonm

Thanks for the reply.

I am hoping that Bill of Burbank has some comments about his problems with 13 to 13.1 Update.

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

• 6. Re: Exit error after upgrade to Premiere Elements 13.1
                    jfgarciamex

Hi, any one has find a solution for this issue?. I'm too having a crash after closing 13.1. As soon as go back to 13, the error is gone. Thanks!

• 7. Re: Exit error after upgrade to Premiere Elements 13.1
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jfgarciamex

What computer operating system is involved?

In the case of Bill from Burbank, his answer (Premiere Elements 13/Windows computer) was

(consider deactivating the program beforehand using Help Menu/Sign Out)

1. Uninstall the usual Control Panel way

2. Free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

3. Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Have you been there and done that yet?

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Exit error after upgrade to Premiere Elements 13.1
                        jfgarciamex Level 1

I will try as suggested. Just some more details on the error: I get an APPCRASH event, with details poiting to atio6axx.dll.

• 9. Re: Exit error after upgrade to Premiere Elements 13.1
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

jfgarciamex

Thanks for the additional information.

It is difficult from a user to user point of view to translate those .dll messages.

Let us see how you do with the suggestion in post 7, and then we can decide what next. At that time, we may have to search for the connection between APPCRASH event with atio6axx.dll pointed to.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR