• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't my installed LR6 stay installed?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed my upgrade 4X now and it won"t stay installed. It disappears when I try to reopen it and I'm back to LR5 with none of the new features (HDR/facial recognition new editing erase brushes), LR6 splash page etc. The only place I can find LR6 is back on the computer's downloads. LR 5 has the banner at the top of "Lightroom 3 Catalog 6-3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Thanks Pattie- "I" solved the problem a while ago by doing a shout-out to my tech savvy husband. Microsoft was the culprit. It was blocking the installation. So now the desktop LR6 has a smile back on my face, and a spring in my step- LOVE the broader uses of the erase brush- it's saving my bacon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 / Lightroom CC 2015 is a different software release version than Lightroom 5 / Lightroom CC 2014. (Udpates are free for perpetual software, but upgrades need to be purchased)  As far as Lightroom on Creative Cloud, Lightroom 2015 CC is a new product so it will not show as an update.

You can purchase Lightroom 6 as a part of the creative cloud photography package, part of creative cloud, as a stand alone product or as a product upgrade.

To Install Lightroom CC 2015, press the  install button next to Lightroom in the Creative Cloud  Application manager. If you don't see "install" by Lightroom in the application manager, please first try signing out and back in: sign in and sign out of the Creative Cloud desktop app.

To Purchase Lightroom you can either purchase an upgrade to a perpetual license or purchase a full license from this link: Products .

To upgrade, please click this link, Scroll down to lightroom and click "buy". Click on the selectable text by " I want to: "and select "upgrade". Then select the version you are upgrading from in the pulldown.

To Purchase: select  “buy”, “Full”.

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pattie- "I" solved the problem a while ago by doing a shout-out to my tech savvy husband. Microsoft was the culprit. It was blocking the installation. So now the desktop LR6 has a smile back on my face, and a spring in my step- LOVE the broader uses of the erase brush- it's saving my bacon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I'm glad that your husband took care of this for you. Thank you for updating us so we can close the issue.

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did all that.  Installed it.  Every time I sign out I have to re-install.   I'm on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines