4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 7:21 AM by Benjamin Root

Adobe Raw and Canon 6D

alexanderd

As an OAP who has recently upgrade my camera to Canon 6D I now find that Photoshop 5.5 will not open the raw files, if I use Lt Room 5.7 no problems (Lt Room 6 just been ordered).as a photographer I mainly use Lt Room. At the last meeting of my local Photographic Society I picked up an old copy (july 2014) PhotoPlus  in a discussion on Raw files it show that for my camera I would need to purchase Photoshop 6CC. As some one who uses photoshop on an irregular basis to purchase CC version would not be economical.

Has anyone created a plugin or an update which will help with this?

• 1. Re: Adobe Raw and Canon 6D
          Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You would need to use a dng converter to let you open your files in PS. I'm not that familiar with LR, so I don't know if you can save down it's version of DNG for use in 5.5.

• 2. Re: Adobe Raw and Canon 6D
            billllybob140

I have the Canon 6D and I had the Photographic Ps CC 2014. for $9.99 a month that was a great deal and Camera raw read my 6D I enjoyed the CC so much i obtained the full version since i wanted other programs to work with.  I would look into that. Cheap easy way to go.

• 3. Re: Adobe Raw and Canon 6D
              alexanderd Level 1

I already use DNG to convert Yes it works but still not acceptable it should if anything work as Lightroom 5.5 does and have Adobe Camera Raw built in or at least a method of automatically opening the converter from within cs5 as you open an individual picture. CS6 cc is not a viable product for me cost & what I actually use it for, it would not be  Cost effective.

• 4. Re: Adobe Raw and Canon 6D
                Benjamin Root MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Yes, you can save directly from Lr to a DNG, backwards compatible to as early as ACR 2.4.

Alexanderd wrote:

I already use DNG to convert Yes it works but still not acceptable it should if anything work as Lightroom 5.5 does and have Adobe Camera Raw built in or at least a method of automatically opening the converter from within cs5 as you open an individual picture.

Lightroom doesn't actually use Camera Raw, it has the same interface built in. Camera Raw versions newer than 6.7.1 simply are not supported in CS5. You'll have to use the DNG converter or Lightroom to convert.

Benjamin