6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 1:26 PM by Stephen Weiss

is lr6 available on disk

Stephen Weiss

I have two questions.I searched the database and could not find these answers 1:

I own LR5 on disk, can I upgrade to LR6 on a disk or is it only available online? 2: I work out in the field where there is no cell phone or wireless service.  If I have LR6 CC, how can I use LR6 CC on my laptop including the develop module? Thank you for your time, SW

• 1. Re: is lr6 available on disk
          dj_paige Level 9

There is no "Lightroom 6 CC". There is Lightroom 6, and Lightroom CC, the same program but they are licensed differently. The version called Lightroom 6 does not require an internet connection (but it also doesn't come with Lightroom Mobile or Photoshop). The version called Lightroom CC comes with Photoshop and Lightroom Mobile, and requires you to be connected to the internet once every 30 days.

You should be able to find Lightroom 6 avialable on disk at 3rd party vendors such as Amazon and B&H. It's not really clear to me why you need it on a disk.

• 2. Re: is lr6 available on disk
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC are two different programs as far as licensing is concerned. The Lightroom program itself is identical. Lightroom 6 is the standalone version, Lightroom CC is the version that is managed through your account via the creative cloud. In either case, Lightroom is installed locally on your computer. Lightroom CC only needs to connect to the Internet occasionally to verify that your account is paid current. The rest of the time an Internet connection isn't needed.

• 3. Re: is lr6 available on disk
              Stephen Weiss Level 1

Thank you!

• 4. Re: is lr6 available on disk
                Stephen Weiss Level 1

Thank you!

• 5. Re: is lr6 available on disk
                  ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I you are going to be away from the internet for more than 3 weeks then you probably need to get the serial-number-licensed version.

You will need to be connected to the internet when you initially install to link your serial-number to your AdobeID and of course to download any updates.

If you are going to be away from the internet for months at a time, and think you want to install updates, then if someone is sending you packages, have them download the update and burn it to a DVD then mail you that DVD.

• 6. Re: is lr6 available on disk
                    Stephen Weiss Level 1

Thanks, great answer