2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2015 7:55 AM by A.T. Romano

When trying to add audio (from iTunes) on my Mac, it keeps crashing

basby76

Is anyone else have this problem? is there a workaround for it? I can add video fine, but as soon as I add audio, it crashes, thought maybe it didn't support iTunes files so I created an AAC version of the audio I wanted but got the same result, just keeps crashing. Pretty pointless having this program if that keeps happening, will be asking for my money back if that is the case!

• 1. Re: When trying to add audio (from iTunes) on my Mac, it keeps crashing
          PRE_help Adobe Employee

Hi,

We are aware of a crash in MAC OSX 10.10.0, 10.10.1 and 10.10.2 where launching the import dialog and going to iTunes library and coming out of it (by clicking on any other folder in the import dialog finder window) results in a crash. This needs fix from Apple.  We, like multiple other affected application manufacturers, are in talks with them for a speedy fix.

The problem is not seen in MAC OSX 10.10.3. This is an automatic update from Apple. So you can upgrade and then try if this issue is still seen. If upgrading is not an option, you can try to browse to the location where the file is physically located and import from there without going to the iTunes library in the Import dialog finder window. Dragging and dropping the file from the Finder into Premiere Elements 13 should also work.

Let us know if you see any issues with this suggestion

or

if your OS is not MAC OS 10.10, 10.10.1 or 10.10.2 and you still see the problem.

or

If you see this issue even after upgrading to MAC OSX 10.10.3

or

well, if it works fine with any of the suggestions...

Regards,

Premiere Elements Engineering Team

• 2. Re: When trying to add audio (from iTunes) on my Mac, it keeps crashing
            A.T. Romano Level 7

basby76

What version of Premiere Elements Mac are you using and what Mac computer operating system is involved?

I believe that I am interpreting your question in a different way than PRE_help who writes.

We are aware of a crash in MAC OSX 10.10.0, 10.10.1 and 10.10.2 where launching the import dialog and going to iTunes library and coming out of it (by clicking on any other folder in the import dialog finder window) results in a crash.

But are you really doing what I have put in bold text? How are you importing the audio into the project? Add Media/ and then what? Are you getting an Import Generic Error message or just the crash with no error message? What is the file extension of the audio that you are trying to import into Premiere Elements

There is a classic issue with Premiere Elements (many versions) and iTunes music. The classic answer is to convert the iTunes music to WAV version in iTunes and then import the WAV version into Premiere Elements with Premiere Elements' Add Media/Files and Folders. If you are not doing that, please try that and then let us know if the works for you to avoid the crashes. The Premiere Elements Supported Import Formats show WAV as Windows only. But one Mac user here insists WAV version is acceptable for import into Premiere Elements on Mac. So, please let us know what you find in that regard.

Supported file formats

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, so looking forward to your clarification for what might be a matter that I am overlooking or unaware of in the Premiere Elements Mac computer environment.

Thank you.

ATR