21 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2015 2:11 PM by station_two

ACR 9.0 Menu

darrenrussinger

I can't open any of the toolbar menus in ACR.  Bridge and PS are up to date (Using CC).

Anyone?

• 1. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
          Level 5

A lot more information about your hardware and software is needed.

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CC", but something like CC2014.v.2.2) and of Bridge,

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.

a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too,

etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster, who is not a Windows user).

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
            darrenrussinger Level 1

Thank you for the tips/info. 

Opening RAW files in ACR from Bridge & the toolbar menu options are not working.  The menu title highlights but the dropdown menus do NOT appear.  This hasn't happened in the past.  I've installed OS updates and rebooted. 

Info:

Mac  OSX 10.10.3

Bridge 6.1.0.115

ACR 9.0

• 3. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
              ccastleb Adobe Employee

Does this happen when opening the Camera Raw plugin from Photoshop CC?

There should be an update to Bridge CC (6.1.1.10) that should be available via the CC desktop app. Try updating Bridge and let us know if that resolves the menu issue. If not, please provide additional details and exact steps to reproduce (e.g. Open a raw image in ACR in Bridge or Photoshop and select the crop tool, etc.).

Hope that helps,

- Chris

• 4. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                darrenrussinger Level 1

I am using Bridge 6.1.0.115.  This is latest version of Bridge via the CC Desktop App. 

These have been my steps. 

In Bridge:

- open folder

- select image to edit and open in Adobe Raw

Camera Raw 9.0

- use various sliders etc. to adjust

- final adjustments//edits in PS

BUT...

When trying to use any of the toolbar menu options File, Edit, Image, Layer etc., nothing happens.  I used the Filter, Liquify in ACR only a few weeks ago.

screenshot.jpg

• 5. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                  Level 5

darrenrussinger wrote:

When trying to use any of the toolbar menu options File, Edit, Image, Layer etc., nothing happens.  I used the Filter, Liquify in ACR only a few weeks ago.

screenshot.jpg

That screen shot shows the Camera Raw (ACR) Preview, which is a Modal dialog box itself.  The menus you mention, "toolbar menu options File, Edit, Image, Layer etc., nothing happens"  appear in the background because they have northing to do with ACR (Camera Raw).

What you are seeing and describing is the Adobe Bridge CC menu bar and its menus in the background: 

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 5.40.12 PM.png

You will not have access to those menus until you close the modal dialog box.  When a Modal dialog box is open in any application, the application will not let you do anything outside that Modal dialog box until you close that box.

• 6. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                    darrenrussinger Level 1

That doesn't appear to be the case at the moment.  I would agree with you normally, and yes, this is what I'm used to seeing, but not this time.

This is the toolbar when ACR is closed.

toolbar.jpg

This is the toolbar when ACR is open.

ACR.jpg

This is what I see when I click on the Abobe Bridge CC in the toolbar when I have ACR open

IMG_20150430_190317.jpg

• 7. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                      ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you want to work on the raw file in Photoshop then click Open Image.

If you want to do things back in Bridge then click Done.

• 8. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                        darrenrussinger Level 1

No, I want to do basic edits in ACR & if necessary, move to PS.  

• 9. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu

Move the ACR window down a bit and see if you can see the menu items that are possibly hidden behind it.

• 10. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                            darrenrussinger Level 1

Nope.  Nothing there either.  Is there a setting in BR I accidently hit (or needed to select upon last update).  ACR is in front of Bridge.  I can't click on Bridge unless ACR is closed.

• 11. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                              • ACR is in front of Bridge.  I can't click on Bridge unless ACR is closed.

This is exactly how it has always worked for many, many years.  This is what “modal window” means.

• 12. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                                darrenrussinger Level 1

Yes, I know this.  Another reason that I included two toolbar images. 

• 13. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu

So we’re done, then, right?  The menu changes and you don’t know why but it doesn’t really matter because you can’t use it, anyway.

• 14. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                                    JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You couldn't have used the liquify filter in Camera Raw, because it isn't there. You couldn't have used layers in Camera Raw, because Camera Raw doesn't have layers. You've got things confused somewhere.

• 15. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                                      darrenrussinger Level 1

So I'm totally losing my mind is what you're saying?

• 16. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                                        Level 5

Just a clarification in general:

BOILERPLATE TEXT extracted from the FAQ:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375816?tstart=0

Do not be abusive or aggressive in your tone

An aggressive, demanding, accusatory or abusive sounding post will often evoke an aggressive or abusive and unhelpful reply.

Remember, you are not addressing Adobe here in the user forums.  You are requesting help from volunteers users just like you who give their time free of charge. No one has any obligation to answer your questions.

• 17. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                                          darrenrussinger Level 1

Yep, totally lost it .  Opening in the Liquify in PS opens an ACR window...hence my confusion.  Thanks for all of the help and I apologize for the silly post. 

• 18. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu

I don't think so...that Liquify opens the ACR window.

This is the Liquify window:

And this is the Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) window:

I'd like to see a screenshot of your Liquify window being the ACR window.

• 19. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                                              Level 5

darrenrussinger wrote:

…Opening in the Liquify in PS opens an ACR window…

No way.

• 20. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                                                darrenrussinger Level 1

I forgot "like".  ACR "like" window.  How do I delete my OP?  

"Yep, totally lost it .  Opening in the Liquify in PS opens an ACR window...hence my confusion.  Thanks for all of the help and I apologize for the silly post." 

No need to reply.  

• 21. Re: ACR 9.0 Menu
                                                  Level 5

If there's no need to reply, why post another question:

darrenrussinger wrote:

…How do I delete my OP?…

You can't.  Once anyone has replied to any given post, you cannot edit or delete that post.